We're looking for a Therapist with a trauma-informed and holistic approach to join our Family Based Services (FBS) program!
The FBS team at Carson Valley Children's Aid serves families with children who are at risk of being placed outside the home due to serious emotional or behavioral difficulties. Our Therapists and Family Support Workers help parents and caregivers to identify their strengths, address unmet needs, and effectively care for their children's unique needs.
What you can expect from our FBS team:
- Individual and group supervision from an LCSW
- Full-time, salaried work with benefits including health coverage, 403b retirement plan, PTO, paid holidays, and more
- Regular training and professional development opportunities
- Meaningful work that has a direct impact on the lives of children and families every day
- Bonuses: $250 at hire, $250 at 90 days, and $1000 at 1 year
Vaccination Requirements: As part of our commitment to the safety of our staff and clients, CVCA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (2 doses Moderna/Pfizer or 1 dose J&J). In extenuating circumstances, our internal review committee may choose to approve a waiver for medical or religious reasons.
Role Type: Full-time
Work Schedule: Schedule is somewhat flexible. Must be regularly able to meet with families during after-school and evening hours. On-call responsibility is approx. one week per three-month period.
Work Setting: Family homes and community settings. Cases are primarily in Montgomery County. Some cases in Delaware County.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide home- and community-based services to referred families.
- Utilize the eco-systemic structural family therapy (ESFT) model.
- Serve as the lead clinician in developing and implementing the family's treatment plan.
- Assess family and individual functioning, create goals, and identify resources.
- Involve families in planning outcomes.
- Provide trauma-informed individual, family, and couples' therapy.
- Offer guidance related to life skills, parenting strategies, community resources, etc.
- Assess risk of child abuse/neglect and provide appropriate interventions.
- Maintain accurate documentation including assessments, treatment plans, progress notes, etc.
- Coordinate service with county agencies and insurance providers.