- Education: Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school) or Work Equivalent
- Field of Study: Social Work, Psychology, International Studies, human services or related field
- Empowerment - Facilitator in building the capacity of our clients, staff and organization
- Inclusion - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences while promoting a harassment-free environment.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Respect - Highest regard to the dignity of the whole person, and for the opinions, circumstances and feelings of all stakeholders.
- Quality - Up hold the highest standards, through the demonstration of accuracy and thoroughness, and is accountable to all stakeholders.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Professionalism - Accepts responsibility for own actions and engages in respectful behavior at all times.
- Language proficiency- Dari, Pashto, Spanish, Arabic, French desired
- Proficient in Microsoft applications
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Lutheran Social Services of the National Capital Area does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, or military service.