Are you a compassionate and enthusiastic individual looking to positively impact the life of children, teens and families?
At RISE, you can do just that! We are currently seeking Mental Health Professionals to join our team of highly qualified professionals that share our vision of Empowering Children to Conquer their World!
We are committed to helping children succeed in all stages of life by providing counseling and diagnostic services.
Here are some other reasons you’ll love working at RISE:
- Flexible Scheduling
- Competitive Compensation
- Paid Time Off, Benefits, and 401K
- Training & Development
- Personal Growth & Leadership Opportunities
- Supportive & interdisciplinary work environment
- Onsite childcare options
Reports Directly to Executive Director/MHP Supervisor and provides direct behavioral health care.
Provide direct behavioral health care services, including but not limited to, diagnostic assessment, individual therapy, family therapy, group therapy, collateral intervention, and crisis intervention to patients
- Clinical productivity/service access expectation for full time employees is 23 billable hours per week
- 2 paid administrative hours per pay period
- Complete all documentation in accordance with RISE policy and procedure.
- Maintain ethical documentation.
- Ensure client files are complete and accurate (maintain consents, ROI, etc).
- Coordinate care with appropriate treatment team members, when medically necessary.
- Provide therapeutic interventions at prescribed treatment recommendations.
- Ensures all licenses are active and liability insurance is maintained.
Child and Family Centered Focus:
- Demonstrates a commitment to children and families.
- Manages difficult or emotional situations.
- Responds promptly to children's and families' needs.
- Solicits child/parent feedback to improve care.
- Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Keeps commitments.
- Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Incorporates leadership principles taught by center.
- Develops personal leadership skills.
- Fosters quality focus in others, improves processes, products and services.
- Follows policies and procedures.
- Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Supports organization's goals and values.
- Benefits organization through outside activities.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner.
- Reacts well under pressure.
- Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Follows through on commitments.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Applies feedback to improve performance.
- Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Safety & Security:
- Observes safety and security procedures
- Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines.
- Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to other's views.
- Gives and welcomes feedback.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Puts success of team above own interests.
- Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.