Education and Training:
- Requires applicant to be a minimum of 25 years of age.
- Requires applicant to be an enrolled member of the Colville Confederated Tribes.
- No person employed by Paschal Sherman Indian School is eligible to serve on the School Board.
- Applicant cannot be the immediate family member or reside in the same home as as PSIS employee.
- Immediate family member defined as:
- Spouse/Significant Other
- All Board members must pass a fingerprint based background check.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Requires representing the Tribal Community (learning about the concerns and aspirations that all segments of the community have for PSIS and attempting to find ways to accommodate them where possible so that PSIS will accurately respond to the needs of the community).
- Requires skill in adopting policy (developing and implementing policies that will guide PSIS towards compliance with Tribal law, are not inconsistent with applicable federal, tribal, and applicable state requirements, and which assist the advancement of uniquely Indian goals, culture, history and language).
- Requires ability to monitor operations (reviewing school operations to assure compliance with Board policy).
- Requires ability to control disputes (resolving complaints or grievances brought by students, staff or patrons).
- Requires ability to hire, supervise and evaluate the superintendent.
- Requires the ability to set the vision, mission and strategic goals for the district.
- Requires ability to establish and oversee the budget.
- Requires ability to serve as community representatives.
- Requires ability to monitor the district's progress towards its goals.
Applications will be received by Human Resources and elections will occur in each district.
Note: Pursuant to Tribal Policy, if this position is safety sensitive it is subject to pre-employment drug testing. In addition, this position is subject to reasonable suspicion and post-accident drug testing.
TRIBAL MEMBER AND INDIAN PREFERENCE WILL APPLY; PREFERENCE WILL ALSO BE GIVEN TO HONORABLY DISCHARGED VETERANS WHO ARE MINIMALLY QUALIFIED.
If required of this position, you must possess and maintain a valid Washington State driver’s license and be eligible for the Tribes’ Vehicle Insurance. In addition, this position may be subject to pre-employment background clearances. If applicable, these clearances must be maintained throughout employment.
INFORMATION: Confederated Tribes of the Colville Reservation, Human Resources Office, P.O. Box 150, Nespelem, WA 99155, (509) 634-2846 firstname.lastname@example.org