Troubleshooter and Customer Focused?
Looking for the Opportunity to Work in a Key Role in a Growing Industry?
We’re one of the area’s top Managed Technology Services Firms and we’re looking for our next VoIP Network Engineer. We are seeking a motivated person with excellent organizational skills, strong communication abilities and, most importantly, someone who is ready to be part of a winning team.
You’ll work from our comfortable offices located in West Reading, PA and will be responsible for deploying, installing, configuring, and managing and maintaining IP telephony voice communication architecture and its associated network connections and component hardware within companies. This includes assisting with all engineering projects for VoIP initiatives, and configuring and optimizing all telephone systems and services, both internally and those integrated with Internet-based services. Also, you will maintain SLAs for all organizational IP telephony applications. These will include enterprise solution architecture. You may also be required to troubleshoot LAN and WAN hardware systems and respond to customer inquiries. This is an 8-5 position (some overtime required on occasion) with greater than 50% field work at customer locations.
VOIP Network Engineer Position:
- You’ll be installing network hardware modules including IP and PBX communication servers at customer locations
- You’ll be provisioning and programming phones and phone systems
- You’ll be troubleshooting VoIP network issues
- You’ll be adding network users and managing company permissions
- You’ll be optimizing network installations for future expansion
- You’ll be training staff on network and system protocols and procedures
- You’ll be supporting VoIP infrastructure and its associated software, including IP-PBXs, Edgemarc, call management systems, voice mail, and interactive voice response
- You’ll select, deploy, and utilize appropriate tools for reporting and routing of IP telephony traffic on the network
- You’ll collaborate with systems engineers/architects for upgrades to operating systems, hardware, etc.
- You’ll remain current on new transport protocols, products, and standards in support of VoIP systems development and equipment procurement
- You’ll meet with IT managers to determine the company’s networking needs
- You’ll be analyzing existing VoIP networks and computer systems
- You’ll Integrate IP telephony systems with enterprise LANs, WANs, wireless LANs, and other Internet-based services and protocols
- You’ll collaborate with help desk to resolve trouble tickets and mitigate end-user issues with VoIP hardware and/or applications
- You’ll be assisting with the installation planning and maintenance of network cabling, including MDF and IDF closets
- You’ll perform telephony audits as necessary
- You’ll monitor and identify capacity and performance issues for VoIP traffic to ensure continued, uninterrupted operation of telephony systems
- You’ll be collaborating with network engineers or administrators to ensure that VoIP traffic does not interfere with or hinder network data traffic
- You’ll need to obtain and maintain relevant technical certifications. This may require off hours time for study and preparation
Watchkeep is a growing and successful Technology Services Company that has been serving small to medium businesses and non-profits in the Eastern Pa area since 2006. Our focus is on taking care of the clients who rely on us for their day-to-day IT needs AND taking care of our employees; X-Box breaks, food days, fun environment – you get the idea. Do the right thing isn’t just a core value it is a way of life. Did we mention you would be a part of a winning team who works hard, plays hard and has an intense customer focus?
As part of our full-time staff you’ll enjoy:
- Competitive pay
- Fun and entertaining work environment (think food, lots of food)
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Paid Time Off
- Company provided training & certifications
- Growth opportunities with a proven industry leader
- Company incentives and promotions