Who You Are
Enough about us. Who you are…or who we think you are, or who you really want to be:
- You are dedicated, motivated and detailed orientated
- You have excellent time management skills
- You have 2+ years of similar or related experience
- You have the ability to program in Jave, Shell Scripts, Go, HTML, CSS, familiar with PowerOn and SQL language.
- You have progressive experience in supporting mainframe and PC/LAN hardware.
- You understand industry standards and network security
- You are approachable and have the knack to assist others with complex issues
- You are flexible and adapt to change.
- You have been complimented on your communication skills and pride yourself on being able to vocalize “I love working in a group and facilitating the best possible outcome!”
We know you might not have every qualification we’ve listed. Passion and potential matter here. If you know you’re right for the position, let us know. We’re good at spotting talent.
What’s In It For You
Hang in there. We’re almost finished. Besides, this is the payoff:
- You’ll be a voice in the IT department when employees need assistance: You will ensure that the employees’ needs are being met and you have the knowledge to solve the problem. That sounds pretty amazing.
- This is a career: Application Programmer I is a career at WPCCU. We invest in developing your skills and promote heavily from within. While we hope you stay with us until you retire, credit unions across the country collaborate with each other and hire from within.
- Seriously good benefits: Beyond healthcare, dental and life insurance, we have a pretty sweet package. WPCCU employees get a 6% company contribution to their 401K with immediate vesting, generous personal time off, and an employee discount on loans (this includes cars and homes)!
Other Important Information
You’ll be asked to work a flexible schedule Monday through Friday—40 hours per week. You’ll use standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers, copiers and filing cabinets. The position also requires manual dexterity—the ability to lift files and flex paperclips. You may be required to stand on one leg, tap your head, and compound daily variable interest in your head. Just kidding—nobody can do that on one leg.
Please note, this job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.