Assistant Director of Financial Access POSITION SUMMARY:
The Boston Architectural College (BAC) is committed to providing all our students an integrated and exemplary educational experience while ensuring their individual success and empowering them to fully actualize their potential. We embrace diversity and inclusivity in all its forms, while striving to create an equitable global community.
The Assistant Director of Financial Access will focus on awarding students and disbursing various funds, while working closely with colleagues to foster a professional, knowledgeable, and welcoming environment for all BAC constituents.
This is a full-time exempt position of 40 hours per week, reporting to the Director of Financial Access and a member of the Office of Student Services.
PRIMARY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provide proactive, professional, and friendly service in all interactions.
- Responsible for Disbursement of Title IV financial aid, including Direct Loans and Pell Grants.
- Assist in awarding federal, state and institutional aid.
- Process communications including award letters and missing information notices.
- Responsible for the federal work study program including; collecting job descriptions from supervisors, communicating job opportunities to students and working alongside Finance and HR for processing the awards.
- Oversee and coordinate the awarding of scholarship and awards. This includes coordinating the selection process, ensure donor instructions are followed and monitor award levels.
- Act as backup to the Student Advocates and provide detailed counseling to students when needed.
- Performs verification.
- Stays current on federal regulations related to financial aid.
- Assists with monthly reconciliations of Title IV financial aid.
- Other tasks as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No.