Position: EMT/Health Office Manager
Location: Idyllwild, CA
Work Year: Summer Season (June 3-August 6)
Responsible to: Camp Director
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Set up Nurses Office
- Organize inventory and order medications and medical supplies
- Camper Medical Forms
- Review camper medical forms and communicate with parents regarding concerns and releases as needed.
- Prepare medical concerns report for staff (Dive, Sail, and Kitchen)
- During Camp
- Oversee and manage Nurses office team including other nurses
- Communicate nurses office concerns to Camp Director
- Present Nurses Office information during training week
- Train nurses when needed
- Oversee camper health checks for each session
- Work with Camp Director to schedule time off for nurses.
- On-call for emergencies and extenuating circumstances
- Act as relief nurse during nurses scheduled time off
Special Skills & Abilities/Mental and Physical Demands:
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Staff may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind work assignments and to make reasonable accommodations as needed.
If traveling to our camps:
The employee member is subject to environmental conditions found working indoors/outdoors. The employee member is frequently subject to extreme heat, with temperatures up to 105 degrees while moving around in and outside of camp during the summer season. The employee member is frequently subject to loud noise when working in or around the camp. The employee member is subject to hazards which include proximity to moving mechanical parts, equipment found in kitchens and food service areas, sharp objects, and exposure to cleaning chemicals and animals. Other hazards may include slick floors and hot stoves, cookware, plate ware or glassware. The employee member is occasionally subject to atmospheric conditions such as fumes, odors, or dust.
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions).
- Full meals at the camp dining hall when the kitchen is in operation.
- Workers compensation insurance and State disability insurance.
- Ability to participate in camp programs.
- Opportunity to live and work in a beautiful outdoor environment.