Why work for us?
At Childress Klein, we are reimagining real estate. Together, we help our clients, investors, and the communities that we work in create environments that facilitate a better-connected, smarter, and more prosperous world. We are mindful of the mark our developments leave on the cities in which we live and work. As such, we strive to give back to our communities through charitable efforts, and by delivering sustainable solutions aimed at helping clients and communities become more resourceful, resilient, and regenerative. When you join the Childress Klein team you discover a culture that prioritizes commitment, communication, and acceptance. We make it a point to invest in our employees through personal and professional development opportunities. We dont want this to just be your job, but the start of your career! We believe this is why we were voted as one of Charlottes Best Places to Work for 2022!
What you'll be doing:
The Accountant I will perform the Retail divisions Accounts Payable function and complete related monthly tasks.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Perform Accounts Payable functions which include:
- Receive, import, and code division invoices for payment
- Coordinate invoice processing to adhere to check run schedule
- Monitor invoice approval status and follow up as needed
- Submit check run packages to Central Accounting
- Setup and maintain vendor information
- Differentiate relationships between multiple ownership entities and bank accounts
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for the Industrial and Multifamily divisions.
- Identify and resolve bank reconciliation discrepancies as required.
- Prepare and process monthly overhead fees.
- Prepare and process billbacks and reimbursements as needed.
- Contribute with seasonal tasks such as tenant reconciliations, budget preparation, and tax package submissions.
- Maintain files and records for both digital and hard copies.
- Read, understand, and interpret lease information.
- Address questions from internal and external parties on an ad hoc basis.
- Work independently, use critical thinking, evaluate available information, and review ones own work
What we need from you:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business Administration, with a major in Accounting, from a four-year college or university.
- Two years of professional accounting experience preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Yardi Voyager experience a plus.
- Proficiency in PC spreadsheet and word processing programs.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical instructions and journal entries, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from customers and regulatory agencies.
- Ability to effectively communicate with and present information to clients and management.
- Ability to work with addition, subtraction, fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions.
- Ability to establish a schedule, prioritize and cope with a deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, write, type, talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to stationary mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
What we have to offer:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending & Dependent Care Accounts
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Paid Leave of Absence Options
- Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Wellness Program
- Gym Membership Discounts
- Mentorship Programs
- And much more!
Childress Klein is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.