Qualifications: (Minimum Qualifications and Experience)
- Minimum age 18.
- Experience with arts programming, including but not limited to: Music, arts & crafts, holistic wellness
- Current certification in first aid and CPR, desired
- Valid Drivers License with a clean driving record
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination unless a qualifying exemption is needed
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to function independently
- Highly responsible and trustworthy
- Training and experience in working with children in experiential arts, desired
- Desire and ability to work with children outdoors in varied conditions
- Ability to motivate and maintain effective working relationships with staff from diverse cultures and all organizational levels
Physical and Intellectual Aspects of the Position
- Ability to communicate in English to provide necessary instruction to campers and staff
- Ability to observe camper behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate behavior-management techniques
- Ability to observe staff behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate management techniques
- Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards related to the activity
- Physical ability to respond appropriately to situations requiring first aid. Must be able to assist campers in an emergency (fire, evacuation, illness, or injury) and possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of campers
OTHER WORKING CONDITIONS
We are an all-girls camp. We expect this position to work collaboratively and closely with girls for the greater part of the role. Some physical requirements of this position could be endurance including standing, some bending, stooping, and stretching. Requires the ability to listen to others, observe others actions, read text and information; comprehend instructions and manuals, and physical ability to move about the camp property in various environmental conditions. Willingness to live in a camp setting and work irregular hours delivering program in the facility available. Operate with daily exposure to the sun and heat and other environmental conditions.
While performing the essential duties/responsibilities of this job, the employee lives for up to 12 weeks in close proximity to others, including sharing living quarters, restrooms, laundry facilities and a common staff lounge. May only use personal electronics (such as computers, phones and other devices) only during personal designated breaks and out of sight of campers.