Who We Are:
Neighborhood Health Center is a non-profit organization local to Portland, OR serving underserved patients in the areas of primary care, internal medicine, dental services and more. Our patient-centered approach to care honors the unique needs and circumstances of each individual patient. NHC sees people, not problems, and recognizes that the time spent as a patient in a doctors office is only one factor in a persons overall health. Our leading edge, integrated clinical teams work in partnership with patients, their families, and the communities we serve to provide whole-person care, prevention, and ongoing support.
NHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate differences in the workplace and do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (sex), national origin, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Why work with us?
- We are a non-profit organization, passionate about providing the underserved population with medical and dental services across the greater Portland area, committed to making a difference daily.
- We offer our employees a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes 20 days of PTO (based on full time employment), 9 paid holidays, health/dental/vision insurance, quarterly wellness reimbursements, generous 401k retirement plan with employer match, employer paid disability insurance, EAP and life insurance.
- We were voted in the Top Workplaces 2020 and 2021 by our employees!
Job Title: Dental Receptionist
Reports To: Clinic Manager
Work Type: On-Site, floater position between our Oregon City and Milwaukie clinics
Classification: Non-Exempt, Full-Time with four 10-hour days
Language Differential: Eligible
This position is responsible for collecting and recording patient information by answering phones, scheduling appointments, checking insurance eligibility, and gathering demographic patient information.
Essential Job Duties
- Greets patients and answers phones with friendly demeanor and professionalism.
- Gathers visit reason, financial and demographic information from patients and inputs accurately into EHR (Dentrix & EPIC)
- Schedules appointments and maintains patient records.
- Confirms patients insurance eligibility and coverage information.
- Scrubs patient charts on a daily basis.
- Scans & indexes documentation into medical records according to company procedures.
- Receives and routes messages and documents to appropriate dental staff.
- Assists in new employee training on specific tasks, as needed.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.