This customer-focused position is responsible for partnering with policyholders and agent partners, by problem-solving and offering a variety of quality safety and risk control resources to help prevent workplace injuries. The ideal candidate will excel in negotiating.
In this job, you will:
- Identify policyholders subject to safety evaluations within assigned territory or region; develop evaluation schedules and itineraries for evaluation visits.
- Perform occupational safety and health evaluations of current or prospective policyholders work environments, employee work practices/behaviors, machinery, and equipment in facilities and other worksites in order to identify unsafe or unhealthy working conditions.
- Complete and submit site evaluation reports, all written communication of results of safety evaluations to policyholders, and all expense (route sheets, travel vouchers, etc.) related reports in support of safety evaluations.
- Develop safety awareness educational materials and deliver presentations on safety and risk control topics that are industry-specific and policyholder specific based on best practices and federal safety standards.
- Assist other Risk Control Department staff and perform special projects.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in health, safety, environmental, risk management, or engineering; or completion of advanced training resulting in a recognized occupational safety certification such as a Certified Safety & Health Official (CSHO) or Certified Safety Professional (CSP) required
• 2 years of experience in industrial relations, safety, safety inspection, safety education, engineering or risk management preferred
This position requires the physical ability to perform extensive repetitive motions in using a computer and the routine use of other office equipment. Work is typically performed while sitting and does not require heavy lifting.