Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Accountability
Responsible for maintaining Soldier Hollow buildings, facilities and grounds. Duties include ensuring that buildings, furniture and fixtures are clean and in good working order. Responsible to keep Soldier Hollow grounds and landscaping well maintained. Support other maintenance duties as assigned by the Soldier Hollow Facilities Manager. Support overall venue operations and events throughout the year.
- Keep all public access areas clean and operational.
- Ensure all restroom facility are clean and well stocked with soap and paper supplies.
- Clear snow and salt where appropriate for all public access areas.
Building and Grounds Supplies
- Maintain all the supplies required to clean and maintain Soldier Hollow buildings and grounds.
- Provide maintenance support to all other Soldier Hollow facilities as assigned by the Facilities Manager including: Mountain Ops Support and other duties as requested
Venue Operations Support
- Provide general venue operations support during Soldier Hollow events including; parking, transport, on-site maintenance, supplies, and other duties as requested.
Required Knowledge and Essential Skills
- Qualified to Perform General Maintenance and Repairs on the Grounds Equipment.
- Qualified to Perform General Maintenance and Repairs on the Facility Equipment.
- Six months to one year of facility maintenance experience
- Support SoHo Public Events and Activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A valid Drivers License
- Minimum 16 years of age
- Flexible work schedule must be available to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays
Environmental Job Requirements
- Ability to work outdoors in all temperature/weather extremes
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Agile enough to operate and maintain facility equipment
- Hearing to converse with others in a normal conversation
- Balancing, bending, climbing, kneeling, walking, pushing, reaching above shoulders, and sitting
Required In-House Training
- UAF Orientation
- Sexual Harassment
- Drug & Alcohol
- Hazardous Communications Program
- Fire extinguisher use
- Vehicle / ATV operation
- Chemical use
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of the job description at any time without prior notice.