Started in 1958, the mission of the Kennedy Children's Center (KCC) is to assist young children experiencing significant delays in critical areas of development such as cognition and learning, mobility, speech and communication, and social relations.
KCC has a need for a NYS Licensed School Psychologist/Behavior Management Specialist. The School Psychologist ensures the quality of behavior management and treatment programming within the guidelines established by the appropriate regulatory agencies as well as Kennedy Children's Center.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Works with internal and external partners (children, parents, and staff) to provide quality positive behavior support and management services to those that may need it.
- Develops and implements positive behavior support and management techniques in the classroom for children who are demonstrating significant behaviors that are impacting upon classroom dynamics and structure.
- Assesses children for counseling, writes counseling rationales, and develops IEP counseling goals.
- Conducts psychological evaluations for Committee on Preschool Special Education (CPSE) eligibility.
- Trains classroom and related services staff with regard to behavior management techniques.
- Interfaces with family support coordinator specifically with children receiving counseling services and who need behavior management plans and may need referrals for support outside of school.
- Works with parents regarding the transfer and carryover of behavior plans into the home.
- Provides counseling as mandated.
- Performs other assigned duties as defined and directed by the Supervisor.