Briya is committed to promoting diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) within our organization and the communities we serve. We embrace diversity of experiences, ideas, and individuals, and seek to bring a diverse group of candidates to the table.
Important Note: Briya is mandating the COVID-19 vaccine + booster for all staff.
The Student Recruitment and Outreach Manager is responsible for recruiting student families at Briya Public Charter School a leading two-generation education program serving immigrant parents and their young children in Washington, D.C. Briya is a Tier One Public Charter School, consistently achieving the highest educational outcomes through its innovative, family-centric programming.
Briya has a strategic partnership with Marys Center, a Federally Qualified Health Center, further strengthening student families with comprehensive medical, dental, and social services.
The Student Recruitment and Outreach Manager is responsible for recruiting student families to meet Briyas annual year-round enrollment goals for the two-generation education program. The manager leverages several key resources to achieve enrollment goals: partnership with Marys Center, Briyas active Student Ambassador program, Briyas network of partners across D.C., and the Briya outreach team and its staff partners.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Strategic Planning and Evaluation
- Support the Director of Outreach and Registrations creation of strategic and operational recruitment plans to ensure that all adult and early childhood classes meet enrollment numbers before the October count deadline and at subsequent enrollment checks throughout the year.
- In partnership with the Director of Outreach and Registration, adjust recruitment and outreach plans throughout the year in response to registration and retention needs, always working to keep Briya at 80-90% enrollment or greater during the school year.
- Evaluate registration, enrollment, and retention reports together with the Registration Manager and Director of Outreach and Registration to identify trends and necessary tactical shifts to maintain maximum enrollment.
- Utilize data collection systems to evaluate the effectiveness of recruitment efforts, train staff and volunteers in the use of these systems.
- Assist with prioritizing and evaluating the effectiveness of recruitment and outreach tactics on an ongoing basis, according to impact and resource management (Examples include social media, newspaper ads, community events); help to lead team evaluations of recruitment activities annually.
- Assist with ensuring mutually supportive outreach efforts, track engagement, and share contacts and opportunities ensuring partners have a unified and coordinated experience working with Briya.
- Work closely with the communications team to create year-round email campaigns in support of recruitment efforts.
DC Public Schools
- Work closely with Director of Outreach and Registration and Volunteer and Events Manager to build partnerships with local schools to recruit the parents of their students for Briya enrollment. With the outreach team, analyze school data to determine best partnership targets geography, percentage English language learners, etc.
- Build close relationships with schools ELL student support staff, parent coordinators, and social services staff to identify opportunities for recruitment and develop direct referral processes. Assist with designing special events to introduce school staff to Briyas educational programs, including items such as attending their staff meetings, hosting virtual or in-person open houses with Briya, and scheduling site visits.
Non-profits, Churches, and Community-Based Organizations
- Cultivate relationships with non-profit, church, and community-based organizations who serve English language learning families. Look for opportunities to create referral systems, promote Briyas programs, offer sampling workshops, etc.
- Coordinate with the Volunteer and Events Manager to arrange for outreach staff and student ambassadors to attend community events to promote Briya, such as festivals, cultural events, job and resource fairs, food and toy distributions etc.
- Liaise with Marys Center personnel to capitalize on recruitment opportunities at Marys Center with a particular focus on managing, adapting, and building sustainable referral systems (for example, the virtual warm hand-offs project) between the two organizations.
- Ensure the outreach team is staffing patient meetings and workshops (ex. BHAP, WIC, CHETR, baby shower, car seat classes, etc) and work with the field outreach coordinator to ensure current promotions are marketed within Marys Center waiting rooms, promotional materials are stocked and sidewalk signs are replaced, etc.
- Support Director of Outreach and Registration in designing and running promotional referral campaigns with Marys Center staff at key enrollment times.
Recruitment Events & Initiatives
- Work with the Director of Outreach and Registration to design, lead and execute a range of year-round recruitment initiatives and events based on data from previous activity, evolving student need, and timely opportunities with partners.
- Work closely with the Volunteer and Events Manager to ensure a complete calendar of events, including promotional campaign windows, school-based recruitment events, and partner and community events, is maintained and up to date. Regularly re-prioritize event-based initiatives based on data and levels of prospect engagement.
- Leverage current and former student loyalty by creating initiatives that incentivize student referrals
- Support the Student Ambassador program as needed for skill development and new initiatives related to the groups outreach focus such as public speaking, social media promotion, advocacy, and leadership development.
- Plan and execute one calls and alumni reunions in coordination with outreach staff.
- Work with the Field Marketing Coordinator to promote student referral incentive programs like BFF (Briya Family and Friends) and class openings across all Briya sites.
- Coordinate with the Field Marketing Coordinator to manage open houses, partner site visits, and other Briya-based recruitment events.
- Work closely with Field Marketing Coordinator, education staff, and registration team to design engaging experiences that give visitors a hands-on sample of Briyas unique two-generation and workforce development programs, including an innovative approach to student preview classes.
- Work closely with Communications Team and Field Marketing Coordinator to develop and update materials (collateral, signage, premiums, etc.) and events that support recruitment efforts.
- Work closely with the Registration Coordinator and Field Marketing Coordinator to develop and update materials (outreach bags with swag, welcome calls (staff and/or Student Ambassador), Student Ambassador buddy system, etc.) and events that support new student orientation efforts.
- Work closely with the Briya Communications Team and the Field Marketing Coordinator to develop and execute marketing and communications strategies using social media, email campaigns, and other platforms to target potential students, partner organizations, and other stakeholders.
- Work closely with the Communications Team, Registration Coordinator and Field Marketing Coordinator to order and prepare swag and materials for Briya materials distribution and collection days for all students and for Student Ambassadors.
- Ensure prospective student information is entered expediently and accurately in the Student Information System (SIS) to maintain the list of students interested in registering. Collaborate on data-driven adjustments to registration and recruitment activities.
- Back up registration and site coordinators staff when there is appointment overflow during high enrollment times.
Work with the Director of Outreach and Registration to set tracking goals, follow established data collection systems and send regular reports. Examples may include but not be limited to:
- Track success of the virtual warm hand-offs project and send regular updates to Marys Center and Briya leadership.
- Track the How they heard about us field in Salesforce and run analysis based on the reports for Director of Outreach and Registration.
- In partnership with Volunteer and Events Manager, keep track of participant engagement at events and marketing materials used at events.
- Assist with keeping track of student participation in various initiatives and the hours required to execute field marketing initiatives.
- In partnership with communications, track views and shares of social media events and ad campaigns.
- Directly supervise the work of the Volunteer and Events Manager and Field Marketing Coordinator. Prepare weekly check-in agendas including upcoming projects and events, goals, announcements, HR items, feedback, and one-on-one training as needed.
- Develop and oversee part-time staffing strategies, including the Student Ambassador program and full-time volunteers, in partnership with the Volunteer and Events Manager