- Minimum of a High school diploma or equivalent, one (1) year of experience working directly with families in crisis and community, knowledge of local resources, excellent customer service skills, and computer competency (i.e., knowledge and ability to use computers and related technology).
- Proficiency in English and Spanish is required.
- Completion of 40-hour California Emergency Management Agency approved Domestic Violence Counselor Training (or must be completed upon hiring)
- Capacity to learn and to use ETO electronic data management system and VistaShareto document service work
- Adaptability and flexibility while working in a dynamic work environment.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint, as well as internet research; Comfort in computer network environment
- Must demonstrate an acceptance and respect for cultural diversity in all its forms, including ethnicity, sexual orientation, abilities, and religious backgrounds.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Knowledge of current domestic violence, child abuse and elder abuse issues.
- Knowledge of existing/available community resources.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Creativity and ability to “think outside the box”
- Ability to speak confidently and effectively, both in individual and large group settings.
ADA Job Characteristics:
Work environment is primarily in an office setting. Lift and carry up to 25 pounds up to waist length, extend both arms above the head and/or reach below the waist, stoop, squat, crawl, bend the back to open lower-level filing drawers, or to retrieve stored items, climb on stools, steps and/or ladders. Sit and/or stand frequently. Use fine manipulation (hands and wrist) to operate a keyboard, take notes, complete and file reports, file and copy documents. Corrected vision to normal range. Speak in normal vocal tone and range, and communicate clearly and concisely to and with others. Apply normal reasoning and detail as required in the accomplishment of job duties.