Come grow with us!
Pacific Coast Fruit Company is a local, family-owned produce distributor that has proudly served our Pacific Northwest retail, wholesale and food service customers since 1977. We are now one of the largest independent produce distributors in the Northwest with distribution centers in Portland, Oregon and Seattle (Kent), Washington.
Our employees are a big part of our success, and we truly believe the words of our founder, Emil Nemarnik, who often said, Take good care of your employees, customers, shippers, and farmers and they will make you successful. As a Sorting and Packaging Associate, you'll not only earn a competitive hourly wage and comprehensive benefits, but also open doors to a wide variety of advancement opportunities. Pacific Coast Fruit Company takes pride in developing employees and recruiting from within, and we hope this position is just the beginning of your career with us!
What you'll do...
- Evaluate, grade, sort, weigh, and repackage fresh produce into original or replacement containers
- Load and offload cases onto pallets in the Re-pack area
What we look for...
- Good oral and written communication skills (ability to read and write in English, as is affected by direction and paperwork).
- Attention to detail and ability to differentiate different quality levels of various products.
- Must be able to work in a consistently cold environment (between 45-50 degrees).
- Ability to stand at a sorting table for the majority of the shift
- Availability for full time and weekends
- Ability to meet productivity requirements while operating in a safe and efficient manner
What you'll gain...
- The opportunity to contribute, learn a lot, and have fun along the way
- Competitive pay and benefit package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and profit sharing plan as well as paid time off
- Regular and constructive performance feedback
- Lots of fresh produce you can eat or take home to your family through our generous employee purchase program