Come grow with us!
Pacific Coast Fruit Company is a local, family-owned produce distributor that has proudly served our Pacific Northwest retail, wholesale and food service customers since 1977. We are now one of the largest independent produce distributors in the Northwest with distribution centers in Portland, Oregon and Seattle (Kent), Washington.
Our employees are a big part of our success, and we truly believe the words of our founder, Emil Nemarnik, who often said, Take good care of your employees, customers, shippers, and farmers and they will make you successful. As a Food Production Associate, youll not only earn a competitive hourly wage and comprehensive benefits, but also open doors to a wide variety of advancement opportunities. Pacific Coast Fruit Company takes pride in developing employees and recruiting from within, and we hope this position is just the beginning of your career with us!
What you'll do...
- Cut produce using a knife and other tools
- Stock inventory for the days orders
- Cut, slice, clean, and peel produce
- Weigh, seal, and label packages or containers
- Check quality of produce to ensure quality standards are met
- Maintain a clean work area
- Support and adhere to programs and practices to produce safe quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements
- Perform other related duties as required
What we look for...
- Passion for meeting and exceeding customer expectations
- Ability to use knives, peelers, spoons, measuring cups, scoops and scales
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 50 lbs
- Good oral and written communication skills (including ability to read and write in English)
- Ability to work for extended periods of time in continuously cold environment
- Availability to work weekends and holidays
- General knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices and Food Safety
What you'll gain...
- The opportunity to contribute, learn a lot, and have fun along the way
- Comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and profit sharing plan as well as paid time off
- Regular and constructive performance feedback
- Lots of fresh produce you can eat or take home to your family through our generous employee purchase program