Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Experience with data entry and record keeping ensuring accurate reports, records and documentation (i.e., CRM, or other database software such as Engaging Networks and WordPress)
- Experience with using ad managers on a variety of social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook and Twitter
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Detail-oriented with strong proofreading skills
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to meet deadlines, forecast, and reprioritize as needed
- Demonstrated initiative and an ability to work with a minimum of supervision and as a team; detail-oriented, and ability to manage multiple priorities and prioritize tasks. Experience with video editing and graphic design to craft effective advocacy images
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively, collaboratively & consultatively, and to manage conflict with peers, partners, and other stakeholders in a constructive manner
- Demonstrated experience with (IDEA) inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility in building and supporting programs and in designing visual communications
Education and Experience
- BA/BS required or 3 years of equivalent experience
- Fluency with Adobe Creative Suite, Canva and InDesign preferred. Additional design software competency is a plus
- Editorial design experience a plus
- Experience using Google Suite products (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms) and Microsoft Office Suite products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Knowledge of current communications best practices and technologies
- This is a 2 Year Fixed Term role
We recognize the valuable skills that can be gained through internships, fellowships, volunteer work, and non-traditional work experience. This experience helps build competencies and knowledge that may translate to our job openings. We seek a diversity of experience and skills for our workplace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our openings.
HOW TO APPLY AND OUR EEO STATEMENT
All applications must be completed online, and we do not accept paper submissions. Please visit the AIUSA Careers Page to review all current job postings. You must complete the entire online application, and electronically sign, for an application to be considered “complete.” We send emails via Paycom so please check your spam folders for any updates. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for technical difficulties ONLY.
Amnesty International USA is an equal opportunity employer. AIUSA encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status and record of arrest or conviction, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Black people, Indigenous people, people of color; lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and intersex people; women; people with disabilities, protected veterans, and formerly incarcerated individuals are all strongly encouraged to apply.
OUR COMMITMENT AS AN ANTI-RACIST ORGANIZATION AND TO INCLUSION, DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND ACCESSIBILITY (IDEA)
Dismantling white supremacy is central to the fight for human rights in the United States and around the world. As we mobilize staff and activists and work with partners to help transform the multiple systems where oppression operates in the world around us as part of our human rights mandate, anti-racism must be integral to our work. What does that mean for Amnesty International in the United States? It means using our people power to fight injustice and centering the voices and experiences of those most impacted by racist structures, beliefs, and laws. Fundamentally, it means doing our human rights work differently than it has been done before, because we know that who we work with, how we work, the work we do, and ultimately who we are, are all interconnected.
As an international, intercultural, intergenerational and intersectional movement of activists committed to protecting and advancing human rights for all, Amnesty is deeply committed to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity & Accessibility (IDEA). To learn more about how we integrate IDEA into our programs and workplace, visit: https://www.amnestyusa.org/idea/
Remote and Hybrid Workplace Policy
Because the health and safety of our employees and candidates are a top priority, we are currently conducting our hiring process virtually.
Staff, office visitors, and event attendees to be up to date with COVID vaccines before entering AIUSA offices or attending AIUSA events or in-person meetings. If anyone wishing to enter the office or attend our events is not vaccinated, they will need to have tested negative for COVID within 24 hours of entry. We expect that all staff and visitors entering the office or attending AIUSA events will, by accessing our facilities, be attesting that they are vaccinated or that they have tested negative within 24 hours of entry.
Please review the job description, which will state whether a role is hybrid and remote. Some roles may require travel domestically and/or internationally.