- Minimum of three (3) years experience practicing law, preferably in the CRLA Priority areas of housing, employment, education, rural health, or similar
- Minimum of two (2) years supervisory experience and/or proven ability to organize and supervise the casework and advocacy of team members
- Demonstrated ability to interact constructively with diverse populations and team members
- Demonstration or commitment to working with low-income, marginalized and diverse populations
- Bilingual (English & Spanish)
HIGHLY PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Admitted to the California Bar
- Fluency in another language, and most specifically Spanish
- Experience in the non-profit or public sectors
- Experience in obtaining grants and managing them through to completion.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
We offer a diverse, family-friendly environment and compensation based on competitive public interest salaries along with a generous benefits package. CRLA's benefits package includes 100% employer covered medical, dental, vision, life, and short & long term disability insurance for employees and up to 50% for dependents coverage; CRLA's student loan reimbursement program; employee assistance program; employer-paid CA Bar license; and 401k retirement plan with CRLA contribution effectively immediately. CRLA has a generous paid leave policy which includes; 15 days of sick leave, 15 holidays each year, and vacation (starting at 15 days and increasing to 20 days after one year of service at CRLA).
California Rural Legal Assistance Inc. thrives on our diversity, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a culturally diverse workplace and strongly encourage women, persons of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, veterans, persons with disabilities, and persons from other underrepresented groups to apply.