Come grow with us!
Pacific Coast Fruit Company is a local, family-owned produce distributor that has proudly served our Pacific Northwest retail, wholesale and food service customers since 1977. We are now one of the largest independent produce distributors in the Northwest with distribution centers in Portland, Oregon and Seattle (Kent), Washington.
In the role of Quality Inspector, the individual will work within several areas of the warehouse and with our procurement team in order to ensure product is moving through the supply chain quickly. The QA Inspector will oversee inbound produce loads from suppliers and make sure they are all inspected in accordance with USDA standards. In addition, the QA Inspector will walk the warehouse and cold rooms multiple times per day inspecting the quality of all inventory in the facility.
What you'll do...
- Ensure all inbound and outbound product meets quality standards
- Work closely with Buyers, QA, and Operations to communicate needs and opportunities
- Partner with Sales to understand and define customer expectations
- Communicate with Re-Work to insure proper day to day operations
- Participate in internal and external Quality audits
- Report to management on quality and food safety issues and trends
- Mentor others to ensure training is complete and thorough
- Model firm accountability in all areas holding self and others to high standards of performance, knowledge, and actions
What we look for...
- Minimum 1 year of warehouse industry experience
- Pallet jack experience preferred
- Ability to multi-task and plan and carry out projects with well-defined goals and outcomes
- Possess excellent communication and relationship building skills and the ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Ability to act with honesty and integrity and perform work at a level that promotes a positive image of Pacific Coast Fruit Company within the organization and the marketplace
- Basic computer skills
What you'll gain...
- The opportunity to contribute, learn a lot, and have fun along the way
- Competitive pay and benefit package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and profit-sharing plan as well as paid time off
- Regular and constructive performance feedback
- Lots of fresh produce you can eat or take home to your family through our generous employee purchase program