The Just Kids school-age child care is provided by Archway Programs in cooperation with the Superintendents and the Boards of Education in school districts in South Jersey. Archway has over 30 years of experience providing JUST KIDS in over 20 schools in Camden, Gloucester and Salem.
Archway Programs is seeking Part-Time Childcare Assistant for our Just Kids Program to work to provide an enriching and safe environment for children in before and after school childcare. The Assistant provides continual supervision, direction, and guidance of children in the program, under the direction of the site Supervisor.
- Supervise and provide guidance to children at all times under the direction and training of the Supervisor.
- Assist in the development of program activities and monthly activity calendar.
- Assist with daily record keeping of attendance and on-going knowledge or the number of students in the program at all times (including when transitioning from activity to activity).
- Communicate all concerns to supervisor before any discussion occurs with parent over a problem regarding a child.
- Complete all required training including but not limited to monthly meetings, CPR/first aid, self-study curriculum, Archway Orientation and summer training meetings.
- Actively listen to children.
- Demonstrate positive interaction with both individual and groups of children.
- Maintain a professional attitude and demeanor with children, parents, and school personnel at all times.
- Maintain orderliness to the program including supplies, equipment, cabinets, rugs, shelves and all allocated space.
- Participate in client activities as leader at all times; including direct involvement or oversight of games, crafts, homework assistance, etc.
- Ensure the safety of all children through direct supervision and intervention of unsafe behavior of children or disobedience of rules.
- Participate in setting up the room space with activity centers both am and pm reflecting the mission and goals of Just Kids.
- Substitute as needed in other Just Kids Programs as needed.
- Actively greet parents and retain positive relationships with all parents.
- Attend scheduled work hours 15 minutes prior to beginning of program session.
- Dress in accordance to Just Kids dress code to project professionalism and ensure safety.
- Act as role model to children at all times, keeping a positive approach to all situations.
- Interact and respond to childrens behavior individually taking into consideration their personal age appropriate and developmental differences.
- Follow the Disciplinary Policy including the use of positive discipline techniques, praising positive social skills and behavior, and utilize punitive measures only as needed.
- Retain confidentiality of client information or program incidents.
- Work as a team member in facilitating activities, snack distribution, and setup and cleanup.
- Have knowledge of and follow all guidelines set forth in the Just Kids Policy manual, Bureau of Licensing Manual, and by the Supervisor and District Manager.
- Follow all health and safety procedures including hand washing for self and children.
- Visually sweep space prior to children entering including the bathrooms and playground.
- Provide first aide / CPR as trained to a child as needed.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.