The Facilities Coordinator (FC) helps with planning, construction, maintenance and support of MAC’s physical facility. The FC is always aware of the coordination, collaboration, and participation that transpires between the Facilities Manager, Finance and other divisions within MAC. The FC should always be prepared to take the lead and complete the daily jobs necessary to effectively run facility operations and speak intelligently on matters that are vital to a smooth-running operation.
The FC must have good people skills to adequately receive and transmit information needed to accomplish daily goals. Computer skills are also required to produce booklets that are printed on our high production copy machines. The FC must be able to juggle several tasks at one time to ensure their time is being used wisely.
- Assist the Facilities Manager in all aspects of project implementation as needed.
- Assist with the wise use of funds to support the maintenance and operation of space to meet the needs of MAC.
- Assist with retirement of obsolete equipment.
- Assist with analyzing existing building systems and collecting data on space operation, utilization, HVAC, electrical systems, lighting and controls.
- Maintain physical space, ensuring a safe, clean and functional environment.
- Periodically assist with the reception desk duties.
- Ensure safety standards are followed throughout the facility.
- Manage the security access control between employees and building management.
- Coordinate and confirm meeting room scheduling with employees to ensure proper room set up for the number of guests.
- Responsible for meeting room set-up, clean-up, and restocking.
- Responsible for workstation cleaning and set-up, supply restock, programming CISCO phone, etc. for all new employees.
- Restocking breakroom supplies and cleaning of kitchen appliances
- Order and maintain inventory of office supplies; reorders and restocks as needed.
- Participate as part of the office/building safety and fire team.
- Fix minor issues in appliances or arrange for repairs when needed.
- Fix minor malfunctions in office equipment.
- Maintain an updated record of invoices from external partners.
- Input maintenance calls and schedule maintenance with vendors.
- Report to the Facilities Manager on a regular basis.
- Maintain inventory of supplies; reorder as needed.
- Pick up and distribute mail.
- Assess building and equipment emergencies.
- Assist with continuing great relations between MAC and vendors.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Senior Management.
REQUIRED SKILLS, ABILITIES & ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Experience working in Microsoft Office Suite.
- High-level attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to learn and take initiative on tasks to be done in the office.
- Familiarity with office equipment and security systems.
- Understanding of safety regulations in the office.
- Know how to prioritize objectives in a timely manner.