The Metro Atlanta Chamber’s (MAC) Brand Communications team is looking for an energetic individual who possesses an eye for detail, loves the written word and wants to help us tell Atlanta’s story on a global scale. The Brand Comms intern will support MAC’s work positioning metro Atlanta as a top-tier global region across Chamber initiatives while demonstrating excellent administrative and project management skills. They will also serve across the Brand Comms sub-teams while specializing in research, writing and media relations support.
When you join the Metro Atlanta Chamber, you’ll be a key member of the team responsible for promoting our amazing region and its unique offerings to millennial and Gen Z talent, CEOs, entrepreneurs and other stakeholders who are critical to Atlanta's position today and into the future.
Our team has a strong drive for excellence. We are a fun, energetic group of people who get our kicks from being creative, innovating and delivering integrated, strategic outcomes.
This internship will run from May 2022 through October 2022.
Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- News monitoring, including producing a weekly internal newsletter, compiling clippings and analytics as necessary and monitoring specific topics around economic development, public policy, innovation and other topics related to the organization and metro Atlanta region.
- Public and media relations support, including drafting media materials, coverage monitoring and reporting, and composing notes and recaps.
- Digital media support, including drafting content for the social media calendar, compiling analytics and updating website content.
- Bachelor’s degree or status as a senior in a journalism, public relations or communications program.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of and experience with AP style.
- Experience with social and traditional media, and ability to monitor both.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Versatility to act as a generalist: to research, write, interview and develop written content that is authentic and creative.
- Professional and positive attitude, attention to detail and a team player.
- Project and time-management skills.