The Business Analyst I evaluates current state business processes, designs and proposes future state solutions, translates into defined and documented requirements, and participates in systems build and testing. This position works closely with internal and external project team members, on projects with basic to moderate complexity, to implement or upgrade proprietary healthcare software. The Business Analyst I also works closely with senior business analyst resources to grow knowledge and understanding of business analysis methodologies and EDCO’s Solarity product.
- Analyze and interpret internal and external business problems, with increasing complexity as knowledge grows.
- Design and propose future state solutions, maintaining adherence to best practices and facilitating stakeholder consensus.
- Elicit, define, and document requirements.
- Execute new system configuration and changes, seeking assistance as necessary.
- Create, maintain, and facilitate execution of test scripts.
- Act as the liaison between internal/external operational and technical teams to communicate and translate customer expectations, requirements, and future state.
- Collaborate with project team to anticipate, communicate, and propose alternative solutions to potential gaps, out of scope items, and other risks.
- Support customer through stabilization and optimization, confirming implemented solution meets business need and identifying continuous improvement opportunities.
- Identify and submit internal and customer facing product enhancements.
- Participate with senior department resources in process creation and improvements.
- Travel to client locations for discovery and go-live visits – anticipated annualized travel is 10% - 20%.
- 1 - 2 years of progressive business analyst, technical, and/or training experience required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in healthcare information technology settings preferred.
- High school diploma or GED required. Associate’s degree in Business or Information Technology preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office required.
- Experience with electronic document management systems, electronic medical records, and/or Solarity software preferred.
- Basic understanding of Business Analysis methodologies desirable.
- CBAP, CCBA, ECBA, or PMI-PBA certifications preferred.
- RHIA or RHIT certifications preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong strategic, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly.
EDCO Health Information Solutions provides a combination of software, services, and process knowledge to optimize the management of health information in acute and ambulatory settings throughout North America. By leveraging Solarity technology, EDCO has enabled healthcare facilities to maximize efficiencies, reduce cost, and streamline health information to improve patient care. For more information, go to www.SolaritybyEDCO.com
EDCO is an equal opportunity employer.