Under the direction of the Fund Development Manager, the Development and Database Associate is responsible for providing skilled support to the fundraising team with an emphasis on database management including: entering, reporting, evaluating, and analyzing data. The Development Associate will also be responsible for overseeing donor communications, mailing list management, donor/prospect research, as well as support Fund Development fundraising events and special activities. It is a fast-paced position that requires proficiency with Microsoft excel and donor database (Raisers Edge) administration, as well as a keen eye to detail, demonstrated success in problem solving software challenges, and the ability to multi-task. It is an exciting role that will be responsible for establishing best practices and creating procedures.
This is a full-time position, working 8:30-5pm Monday-Friday.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for gift entry and acknowledgement process, ensuring all data is entered accurately and in accordance with IRS guidelines
- Create gift batches and reports for finance and ensure gifts are reconciled accurately
- Responsible for gift entry of private grants and foundations, maintaining records, and reporting
- Ensure the integrity of the database, including clean-up tasks, data enhancement services, and quality control checks
- Create gift reports, queries, exports, and reports for mailing lists, email blasts, donor recognition listings, grant submissions and weekly/monthly development reports
- Abide by professional confidentiality guidelines by only sharing client information within the organization when it meets the need of the client.
- Support the timely submission of grant proposals and reports by managing a tracking system within the database to monitor due dates and assist staff with reminders of upcoming deadlines; ensure information is tracked to support the relationship with the grantor
Donor Communication and Prospecting
- Responsible for gratitude process, producing accurate and timely donor gift acknowledgement as well as coordinating with key leadership to ensure donors are thanked through letters, notes and phone calls
- Work in partnership with Fund Development Manager to build a comprehensive system to identify, quality and track donors and donor prospects
- Generate donor lists to better track and target potential donors
- Collaborate with Fund Development Manager and Community Education and Marketing Manager in identifying and managing segmented donor lists and tracking communication outreach
Special Event Management
- Create new campaigns, appeals, and events in database and create event registration and donor forms for the website
- Collaborate with Development Managers engage and manage event vendors and volunteers, as necessary
- Manage event attendee tracking, registration, and correspondences
- Coordinate the acquisition and collection of auction items
- General administrative duties including answering the phone
- Commitment to Human Options’ mission, vision, and values; demonstrates values of diversity, respect, curiosity, ingenuity and individuality
- Capacity to balance and provide self-care while meeting the demands of a dynamic organization
- Articulates Human Options’ mission, vision and values to other staff and donors, both verbally and in writing.
- Detail and solution driven characteristics