By joining the Bio-Techne team, you will have an impact on future cutting-edge research. Bio-Techne and all of its brands provides tools for researchers in Life Sciences and Clinical Diagnostics.
The responsibilities of this position is to purify proteins for restock and modify existing protocols to meet the demand of our customers. You will follow standard operating procedures to manufacture these products and will contribute to the ongoing development of existing products to help advance Bio-Techne's evolving portfolio.
- Purify proteins and enzymes for restock.
- Perform chromatography and SDS-PAGE.
- Revises protocols after making modifications for process methods.
- Maintain lab equipment (concentrators, pH meter, columns etc.).
- Maintain lab order and cleanliness.
- Filter and aliquot product for bulk storage.
- Prepare common buffers and reagents.
- Improve operation efficiency and contribute to reducing costs.
- Work with supervisor and manager to facilitate scheduling of projects.
- Maintain compliance with quality training and documentation.
- Follow company policies and practices as outlined in the Handbook and follow guidelines regarding safety as outlined in the AWAIR, Chemical Hygiene and Exposure Control manuals in accordance to the job.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel is required
- Must be able to work in a fast-faced environment where multitasking is required
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Must have strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must work well both independently and in a team environment