Dover Street Market New York is seeking a hands-on Facilities Coordinator to be fully responsible for executing and helping manage store improvement, minor construction projects, maintenance/upkeep, and repairs to improve our client and employee experience along with maintain the integrity of the building. This position will work closely with the operations and store team to provide organization, on the spot repairs, preventative maintenance coordination and oversee all facility and safety needs.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Facilities & Maintenance
- Ensure the NY stores and office are organized, clean and safe.
- Serves in an “on call” capacity in case of after hour emergencies.
- Conducts physical inspections of the facility, grounds, and premises.
- Executes maintenance, both corrective and preventative.
- Supervision of 3rd party contractors during all visits.
- Maintain all facilities contracts and maintenance schedules including but not limited to HVAC, electrical, plumbing, cleaning, pest control.
- Maintain the highest safety standards in compliance with local laws, OSHA and best practices across the company.
- Ensure fire alarm system is maintained in accordance with Fire Department Code and OSHA.
- Monitor cleaning staff to ensure proper cleanliness and upkeep is met.
- Ensure security system is functioning without interruption and schedule maintenance whenever necessary.
- Work closely with Loss Prevention to ensure safety is being upheld within the business.
- Assist with additional onsite tasks as needed
- Ensure all maintenance, repairs, cleaning, and security are in accordance with Dover Street Market New York Standards.
- Preventative maintenance requirements are regularly scheduled to the business needs and overseen
- Ensure the New York locations are up to code and partner with any necessary parties.
- Work closely with vendors to ensure all systems are functioning without disruption.
- Ensure stores and office maintenance are kept to company standards and in good working order
- Monitor all appliances and systems to ensure they are efficiently working, without problems. Maintain a hands-on and structured working environment.
- Well planned and timely execution of all projects. Communicate timelines, completion of work and diligently oversee projects
- Ensure all OSHA requirements are met.
- A highly motivated individual with a strong sense of ownership and responsibility.
- The ability to converse with all levels both internally and externally.
- Must be energetic and self-motivated. Willing to do whatever is required to get the job done.
- Decisive, structured and organized, with a keen eye for detail.
- Excellent at working and delivering against deadlines and the ability to work under pressure.
- Performs as a team-player.
- Previous experience in facility maintenance required.
- Is technically skilled in multiple fields including plumbing, electrical, and HVAC.
- Ability to oversee contractors to ensure repairs and maintenance are executed correctly.
- Must possess excellent project management skills.
- Effective communication and negotiation skills.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.