As Program Coordinator you will oversee the successful operation of a YMCA Afterschool Site. You will be responsible for leading a group of dedicated counselors in the YMCA mission of Youth Development. The Program Coordinator works directly with YMCA and school staff, as well as children and their families to serve the community by creating and maintaining a safe, engaging, and meaningful afterschool experiences for school aged children.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: We are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: We value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: We believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: We support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: Above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Coordinate the day-to-day operation of the out-of-school-time program.
- Provide daily supervision and activities for a group of program participants.
- Collaborate with the Youth Services Directors to ensure that all program activities are planned and implemented in compliance with all required policies of the YMCA of Western North Carolina, state, and federal regulations.
- Create, complete, review, update, revise, store, and maintain records as required.
- Provide orientation and ongoing support for program staff, including group leaders, tutors, and volunteers.
- Coordinate with the schools administration, teachers, and other community partners to successfully implement the program and meet participants' needs.
- Plan and implement meaningful opportunities for parent, family, and community engagement with the YMCA program on a regular basis.
- Parent Communication through daily check ins and monthly newsletters.
- Models inclusive behaviors and embraces all dimensions of diversity
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have at least a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelors degree related to youth development, recreation, or education is preferred.
- Must, within 120 days of employment, obtain and maintain a level 4 or higher certification on the NC School-Age Professional Scale, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 1 years of relevant experience working with youth in an educational or recreational setting, including at least 1 years in an administrative or leadership supervisory capacity with demonstrated decision making ability.
- Must possess oral, auditory, and written communication skills appropriate for interacting with both children and adults.
Full-time employees receive medical, dental and vision insurance, group life insurance and long-term disability paid by the Y; short-term disability, term life insurance and dependent life insurance is available for purchase; generous paid time off, retirement plan with employer contribution of 12% of salary (subject to eligibility requirements), free YMCA membership, free afterschool childcare and summer day camp and program discounts.
The YMCA of WNC does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, faith, gender, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies.