Education: Current Mount St. Joseph University students, with preference given to students with technical backgrounds
Specialized Training: Proficient in use of Microsoft Office programs required, CRM experience preferred; Strong understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn); Graphic design knowledge preferred; Or any combination of education, experience, or training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- exhibit a customer first" orientation in providing exceptional service in all responsibilities and interactions demonstrating versatility in handling people and situations
- adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and students' (or other customer) needs and expectations; anticipate and identify students' (or other customer) needs
- demonstrate ability to facilitate transition and counsel students towards the realization of full educational potential (can be personalized for position)
- demonstrated ability to recognize, appreciate and serve culturally diverse populations, special needs, and others
- available to rotate through multiple time frames of service operations
- demonstrate an enthusiastic approach to duties and a commitment to liberal arts education
- collaborate well with others and help make Division of IA staff a cohesive group
- communicate, cooperate and collaborate well with others to achieve common office, Division of IA goals
- willingly assists in various responsibilities as appropriate within the Division and other areas of the college as appropriate as required during high service demand times
- develop and nurture an effective, productive and respectful rapport and working relationship with students, faculty and staff co-workers, and various campus and community constituencies maintaining appropriate level of professionalism
- demonstrate strong interpersonal and organizational skills, a sense of humor, flexibility, and creativity
- demonstrate strong written, telephone, and electronic (email and internet) communication skills and strengths in public speaking (if applicable)
- communicate information clearly and concisely and listen well to others
- maintain a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work to detect errors, oversights or omissions
- take immediate and independent action when necessary assuming initiative for creative problem solving
- demonstrate creativity and high energy
- accomplish tasks with follow through to completion
- must possess aptitude for technological development and its implications for appropriate automation of office; proficient in Microsoft Office
Work Environment, Physical Demands:
- Multiple service hours; computer data input; multiple concurrent tasks with service interruptions; extensive customer contact; strict confidentiality; detailed work.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via e-mail to: Alumni@msj.edu
Please include Attn: Alumni Relations Co-Op in your subject line. A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please click here to review the University's Non-Discrimination Policy.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer