Employer Address: Mount St. Joseph University 5701 Delhi Rd. Cincinnati, OH 45233
Department: Communication and New Media Studies
Supervisor Contact Information:
Lisa Crews, Assistant Professor and Department Chair Communication and New Media Studies, Lisa.Crews@msj.edu, 513-244-4211
Job Location: 5701 Delhi Road, Cincinnati, OH 45233
Pay: The Student Employee Pay Wage Policy can be found on myMount
Evaluation Period: Annual performance evaluations if the student works the entire academic year. If the student works one semester, the performance evaluation will be completed after that semester
Purpose of Position:
Manage social media, assist with events, data entry, administrative tasks, and provide support to the Department of Communication & New Media Studies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet and assist students, faculty, staff, employers and community partners as they contact the Department of Communication & New Media Studies (CNMS)
- Collaborate and communicate with faculty, staff, students, and alumni to complete assigned projects in a timely manner.
- Assist faculty in organizing materials for class preparation, meetings, activities, or office use.
- Provide support to faculty with the preparation and execution of Department sponsored events.
- Manage all social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc) for the Department of Communication & New Media Studies by scheduling posts, creating graphics, writing stories, and/or taking photographs as needed.
- Assist Department with the High School New Media Festival events and meetings as necessary.
- Input information and data into spreadsheets, myMount, or other programs, as necessary with great accuracy.
- Other duties as assigned
- exhibit a "student/customer first" orientation in providing exceptional service in all responsibilities and interactions demonstrating versatility in handling people and situations
- adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and students' and employers' needs and expectations; anticipate and identify students' needs
- demonstrate a high energy, enthusiastic approach to duties
- communicate, cooperate and collaborate well with others to achieve common department or College goals
- be a dependable team member by working scheduled hours and arriving on time
- willingly assist in various responsibilities as appropriate within the Department of Communication & New Media Studies as well as the School of Arts & Humanities as required during high service demand times
- develop and nurture an effective, productive and respectful rapport and working relationship with students, employers, faculty and co-workers, and various campus and community constituencies maintaining appropriate level of professionalism
- demonstrate strong written, telephone, and electronic (email, social media and internet) communication skills
- communicate information clearly and concisely and listen well to others
- ability to effectively write materials to promote program and goals
- demonstrate empathy in relating to different people from a variety of backgrounds and situations.
- ability to work with multiple programs and balance multiple tasks
- maintain a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work to detect errors, oversights or omissions
- demonstrate creativity and high energy
- accomplish tasks with follow through to completion
- ability to perform tasks as appropriate without direct supervision
- organize workload so as to meet deadlines related with planning and implementing programs and events
- maintain a clean and neat work space
- must possess aptitude for technological development and its implications for appropriate automation of office
- proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative suite, social media programs
- interest in continuing to enhance computer skills necessary to keep up with changing technology