The Group Exercise Instructor is responsible for delivering exceptional and outstanding service to all members, guests, and program participants. The Instructor is responsible for completing the performance of implemented wellness strategies; this includes delivering thoughtful, engaging, safe, effective, and enjoyable Group Exercise classes to YMCA members and guests.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: We are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: We value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: We believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: We support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: Above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Teach and lead group exercise classes in a way that supports recruitment of new members and retention of existing members to meet association goals.
- Demonstrate and promote knowledge of proper group fitness components, i.e.: warm up, aerobic exercise, flexibility, cool down, etc.
- Provide a safe and fun environment for participants.
- Promote and encourage participation in classes to grow class attendance number by providing a high-quality experience for members.
- Develop committed relationships: share knowledge of programs, events and resources with members throughout the facility and in the community when representing the YMCA of WNC.
- Assist leadership with special wellness events.
- Required certifications: CPR, First Aid, AED, within first 30 days of employment and renew each year through the Y.
- Complete Group X onboarding within first 30 days
- Hold national Group X certification for non-licensed formats and required certification needed for licensed formats
- 18 years of age or older.
- Free individual membership to all YMCA of WNC locations
- Discounted membership for household members
- Discounted program fees (swim lessons, youth sports, summer camp and more)
- Start a 403(b) smart savings account on day one of employment (optional) and begin eligibility for YMCA retirement plan
- Professional development opportunities through local and Y-USA trainings
The YMCA of WNC does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, faith, gender, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies.