- Provide program participants with cross-age peer support
- Share success stories and provide real life examples during selected lesson discussions
- Support youth recruitment activities
- Assist with completing attendance and fidelity logs
- Required to participate in trainings, ongoing professional development, and team meetings
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Must have been a participant in YDW Program who has successfully completed a Health Relationships Education Program, or a college student with an interest in youth development or a related field,
- At least one year of college with a strong desire to encourage and empower peers to voluntarily abstain from non-marital sex and other risk factors,
- Must pass a background and drug screenings,
- Must pass child protective clearances for the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Organized with attention to detail
- Able to work independently as well as in a team
- Must be a self-starter
- An interest in international and refugee issues
- Valid driver's license
- A vehicle or access to reliable transportation
- Interest in working in a very cross-cultural environment
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Lutheran Social Services of the National Capital Area does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, or military service.