Employer Address: Mount St. Joseph University 5701 Delhi Rd. Cincinnati, OH 45233
Department: Service Learning
Supervisor Contact Information:
Corey Watt, Director Career and Experiential Education Center, Corey.Watt@msj.edu, 513-244-4824
Pay: The Student Employee Pay Wage Policy can be found on myMount
Evaluation Period: Annual performance evaluations if the student works the entire academic year. If the student works one semester, the performance evaluation will be completed after that semester.
Duration: Service Learning Co-op must be able/ willing to work for an entire school year (fall and spring semesters).
Purpose: Assist with all processes related to Service Learning & Civic Engagement, including the coordination of Service Learning and short-term volunteer experiences
Primary contacts: CEEC staff, students, faculty, staff, employers, community partners, visitors and other members of the University community.
- Facilitate Welcome Week Service Day and coordinate the MLK Day of Service planning committee.
- Plan for and facilitate the Celebration of Service Luncheon.
- Assist campus democracy fellows as needed and help to register students to vote during the National Voter Registration Day and the Spring Voter Registration Day.
- Present in courses to promote service learning & civic engagement.
- Assist during service learning orientations and guided reflections.
- Collect volunteer opportunities and create monthly volunteer calendars for classes that require 1x volunteer experiences.
- Maintain the service learning & civic engagement board located by Fiscal Operations.
- Maintain the service learning community partner booklet and all agency agreement forms from community partners.
- Serve on the Service Learning Committee, take meeting minutes at meetings, and disseminate the minutes to Committee members.
- Collaborate with CEEC Graphic Design Co-op and staff to create and distribute promotional materials for service learning & civic engagement opportunities.
- Assist in tracking service learning requirements for students and aiding students with the service learning process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- exhibit a "student/customer first" orientation in providing exceptional service in all responsibilities and interactions; demonstrating versatility in handling people and situations
- adapt quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, needs, and expectations; anticipate and identify needs of others
- demonstrate a high energy, enthusiastic approach to duties
- communicate, cooperate and collaborate with others to achieve established goals
- be dependable by working scheduled hours and arriving on time
- assist in various responsibilities within the CEEC and Academic Affairs Division as required
- develop and nurture an effective, productive and respectful rapport and working relationship with students, employers, faculty and co-workers, and various campus and community constituencies maintaining appropriate level of professionalism
- demonstrate strong written, verbal, telephone, and electronic (email, social media, etc.) communication skills
- ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
- ability to create effective materials to promote program and goals
- demonstrate empathy in relating to different people from a variety of backgrounds and situations.
- ability to work with multiple programs and balance multiple tasks.
- maintain a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work to detect errors, oversights or omissions
- demonstrate creativity
- accomplish tasks with follow through to completion
- ability to perform tasks as appropriate with or without direct supervision
- organize workload to meet deadlines related to planning and implementing programs and events
- maintain a clean and professional work space
- proficient in Microsoft Office, social media programs
- ability to work with and maintain online databases
- Desire to continue to enhance computer and social media skills as necessary to keep up with changing technology