By joining the Bio-Techne team you will have an impact on future cutting-edge research. Bio-Techne, and all of its brands, provides tools for researchers in Life Sciences and Clinical Diagnostics.
Perform routine quality control testing of protein, peptide or antibody products using standard operating procedures to determine lot status, product release and product stability. Tests include: concentration determination, SDS-PAGE with densitometry, SEC/HPLC, endotoxin assay, and other testing as assigned. Participation in the validation of new and existing laboratory methods is also expected. The position requires routine documentation, analysis and communication of results within the department and across different groups. Other duties include instrument calibration and maintenance, record keeping, and lab support. Within this job function, the Research Associate must also pursue annual goals that aim to facilitate innovation, efficiency, productivity and team building across the QC Department or the entire company. Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Perform, document, and report data for routine QC testing following standard operating procedures.
- Assist with lab support functions, including instrument calibration and maintenance, reagent ordering and preparation, waste disposal, and laboratory cleaning.
- Assist with the monitoring of lab supplies and ordering.
- Monitor product and laboratory documentation to ensure accuracy and to suggest improvements.
- Participate in existing or new method validations.
- Participate in laboratory meetings. Actively take part in meeting with and interacting with group members in order to learn, suggest or plan to make the group safer, more efficient and/or more successful.
- Follows company policies and practices as outlined in the Handbook and follows guidelines regarding safety as outlined in the AWAIR, Chemical Hygiene and Exposure Control manuals in accordance to the job.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.