New York eHealth Collaborative – Project Manager
New York eHealth Collaborative (NYeC) is a not-for-profit organization working in partnership with the New York State Department of Health to improve healthcare by collaboratively leading, connecting, and integrating health information exchange across the State.
Founded in 2006 by healthcare leaders, NYeC works to help New York State achieve the Triple Aim of improving the patient experience of care, delivering better health outcomes, and reducing costs. On behalf of the State, NYeC leads the Statewide Health Information Network for New York (SHIN-NY), a network to connect healthcare providers statewide, develops policies and standards that support the utilization of health technologies, and assists healthcare providers in adopting and effectively using electronic health records.
NYeC is propelling healthcare forward by facilitating the use of new and innovative technologies that will improve patient care. Healthcare is currently undergoing an unprecedented transformation through a digital health revolution – do you want to be at the epicenter of it?
Employees must be fully vaccinated in accordance with NYeC’s policy before beginning employment with NYeC and present proof prior to their start date, unless they have requested and been granted an exemption or accommodation (based on disability/medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief).
NYeC is seeking a Project Manager to lead projects as defined by the EPMO (Enterprise Project Management Office) Governance Committee. The Project Manager will report to the Sr. Director, SHIN-NY Contracts & Project Management and will work closely with internal and external stakeholders. This role will be based out of either the Albany or Manhattan, NY office. This role has a hybrid work schedule with 1-2 days per week required to be operated out of the Albany or Manhattan, NY office location and the remainder days of the week eligible to work remotely. This hybrid work schedule is subject to change.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Work with the EPMO team, program, technical, and operational stakeholders and resources to ensure project requirements and success criteria for assigned portfolio of enterprise projects are successfully met;
- Manage and monitor progress of projects throughout their lifecycles, including planning, development, testing, training, implementation, and closeout phases. Be accountable for project results along with project sponsor;
- Anticipate issues and act proactively to communicate and address potential issues; identify, communicate and manage project risks;
- Implement tactical project planning, management, control, and reporting tools such as project plans, Agile sprint documents, process documentation and checklists as required;
- Manage cross-functional interdependencies; serve as a mediator/facilitator between stakeholders and project teams and within project teams to resolve any impediments;
- Prepare high quality status reports to provide updates on project progress including milestones, critical path items, decisions required, issues, risks, constraints, etc;
- Communicate project status and issues in timely fashion and manage expectations with stakeholders and project teams;
- Oversee/monitor the work of consultants/vendors assigned to the enterprise projects;
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required. PMP certification preferred;
- 3-5 years of project management experience required, healthcare technology background preferred;
- Hands on experience in managing projects utilizing the product development lifecycle or a systems development lifecycle;
- Knowledge of project management tools with proficiency in MS Office suite, MS Project, MS Visio, and at least one enterprise PMO tool (Asana, Monday, etc);
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form with a variety of stakeholders (including business, policy, technical staff, and operational stakeholders, NYeC leadership, external stakeholders, team members, etc.);
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple complex project deadlines in a fast-paced technical environment; able to accommodate changing priorities; adaptable;
- Strong critical thinking skills; able to anticipate, interpret, and resolve potential impediments to project success;
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and management skills in order to interact with peers, senior staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams, and third-party partners.
We consider a wide range of factors when determining compensation, which may cause compensation to vary depending on your skills, experience, qualifications, and home office location (Manhattan, NY vs. Albany, NY). The annual base salary range for this role is $70,000 to $95,000. The salary offer will not be based on a candidate’s salary history at other jobs, and by law, NYeC will not seek information about salary history, and candidates should not share such information with NYeC. All compensation questions and comments should be directed to the HR Department representative during your application, interview, and hiring process.
NYeC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with everything listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
For more information about NYeC and to apply for this position, visit our website at http://nyehealth.org/about-nyec/careers. We accept online applications only. NYeC is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled.