Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Skilled in using at least one email software; i.e. ActionKit, EveryAction, Luminate, NGP Van, Salesforce, Engaging Networks
- Strong digital aptitude with the ability to learn quickly
- Eager to ask questions to discover program structure and processes
- Ability to track, analyze, and summarize digital performance data
- Ability to follow quality assurance procedures to ensure professional quality external products
- Strong team player with the ability to support colleagues across the unit/organization with various projects
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to maintain focus and prioritize while working on multiple, simultaneous projects
- Ability to understand and proofread strategic & persuasive messaging
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
- Basic competency in HTML
- Proficiency with Google Docs, Sheets, and Excel
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Creative problem solver
- Skill using at least one content management system is a plus
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or BA/BS and at least 1 year of experience relevant professional experience
- Experience working with eCRM technology, including coding and troubleshooting emails, supporting building donation and petition pages, building audiences, and QAing emails
- Proficiency in working with Excel
- Experience coding in HTML and CSS as it pertains to either email or web required
- Experience in a fast paced-digital and/or communications role preferred
- Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time
- Some travel for annual meetings
We recognize the valuable skills that can be gained through internships, fellowships, volunteer work, and non-traditional work experience. This experience helps build competencies and knowledge that may translate to our job openings. We seek a diversity of experience and skills for our workplace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our openings.
HOW TO APPLY AND OUR EEO STATEMENT
All applications must be completed online, and we do not accept paper submissions. Please visit the AIUSA Careers Page to review all current job postings. You must complete the entire online application, and electronically sign, for an application to be considered “complete.” We send emails via Paycom so please check your spam folders for any updates. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for technical difficulties ONLY.
Amnesty International USA is an equal opportunity employer. AIUSA encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status and record of arrest or conviction, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Black people, Indigenous people, people of color; lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and intersex people; women; people with disabilities, protected veterans, and formerly incarcerated individuals are all strongly encouraged to apply.
OUR COMMITMENT AS AN ANTI-RACIST ORGANIZATION AND TO INCLUSION, DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND ACCESSIBILITY (IDEA)
Dismantling white supremacy is central to the fight for human rights in the United States and around the world. As we mobilize staff and activists and work with partners to help transform the multiple systems where oppression operates in the world around us as part of our human rights mandate, anti-racism must be integral to our work. What does that mean for Amnesty International in the United States? It means using our people power to fight injustice and centering the voices and experiences of those most impacted by racist structures, beliefs, and laws. Fundamentally, it means doing our human rights work differently than it has been done before, because we know that who we work with, how we work, the work we do, and ultimately who we are, are all interconnected.
As an international, intercultural, intergenerational and intersectional movement of activists committed to protecting and advancing human rights for all, Amnesty is deeply committed to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity & Accessibility (IDEA). To learn more about how we integrate IDEA into our programs and workplace, visit: https://www.amnestyusa.org/idea/
Remote and Hybrid Workplace Policy
Because the health and safety of our employees and candidates are a top priority, we are currently conducting our hiring process virtually.
Staff, office visitors, and event attendees to be up to date with COVID vaccines before entering AIUSA offices or attending AIUSA events or in-person meetings. If anyone wishing to enter the office or attend our events is not vaccinated, they will need to have tested negative for COVID within 24 hours of entry. We expect that all staff and visitors entering the office or attending AIUSA events will, by accessing our facilities, be attesting that they are vaccinated or that they have tested negative within 24 hours of entry.
Please review the job description, which will state whether a role is hybrid and remote. Some roles may require travel domestically and/or internationally.