About St. Mark’s
Founded in 1906, St. Mark's School of Texas is a non-sectarian, college-preparatory, independent day school for boys in grades one through twelve. The School’s charter states that it is “designed to afford its students well-rounded physical, intellectual, moral, and religious training and instruction.” The School is intended to be a diverse community of teachers and students who share a love of learning and who strive for high achievement in whatever they undertake.
St. Mark’s aims to prepare young men to assume leadership and responsibility in a competitive and changing world. To this end, the School professes and upholds certain values. These values include the discipline of postponing immediate gratification in the interests of earning eventual, hard-won satisfaction; the responsibility of defending one’s own ideas, of respecting the views of others, and of accepting the consequences for one’s own actions; and an appreciation for the lively connection between knowledge and responsibility and the obligation to serve.
St. Mark’s School of Texas seeks an Alumni Relations Coordinator to principally support programs, volunteers, and events facilitated by the Office of Development and Alumni Relations. As a member of the Alumni Relations Team within the Office of Development and Alumni Relations, this individual’s primary responsibility is to help engage the School’s more than 4,000 alumni in creative and strategic ways. The Coordinator will assist in planning events and executing them from conception to fruition, including Alumni Weekend and regional events across the country. They will help manage Reunion classes and student alumni programs and will contribute to alumni print & electronic communications. Finally, the Coordinator will strengthen the School’s relationship with alumni through systematic outreach and continued volunteer stewardship. This position reports to the Director of Alumni Relations. This is a non-supervisory role.
Alumni Relations Program Support
- Work closely with colleagues in the Office of Development & Alumni Relations to strengthen alumni involvement and support
- Work closely with alumni volunteers to provide consistent and thoughtful support
- Assist with major alumni programs, including Alumni Weekend, Regional Programming, the Student Alumni Association, and the Alumni Leadership Speaker Series
- Develop digital and mailed event invitations and other communication pieces as needed, often utilizing Constant Contact
- Use various social media platforms to engage and communicate with Alumni
- Serve as an advocate for alumni to maximize opportunities for engagement with the community
- Support young alumni outreach, including planning and implementing targeted activities, events, and communications
Event Management & Oversight
- Work with volunteers to create meaningful event programming
- Act as a liaison with vendors and the School
- Assist in the set-up, execution, and tear-down of events
Reunion Program Support
- Help manage the coordination of Class Reunions by working closely with assigned Reunion Committees to drive participation and engagement
Data Management Support
- Help search for and maintain accurate information in the School’s Raiser’s Edge and WhippleHill databases
- Write content for alumni-directed communication, including the Alumni Newsletter, The Pride, and other program-related collateral
- Solicit support of the School; primarily the St. Mark’s Fund
- Support activities, initiatives, and events sponsored by the Development Office as needed
- Work frequently and effectively in Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook to support various initiatives
Perform other duties or projects, as assigned.