The Director of Development sets the direction of all APA Foundation (Foundation) development activities and staff related to corporate, foundation, and individual giving and is accountable for the overall business strategy. The incumbent is expected to set comprehensive development goals and execute those goals into achievable steps; manage detailed, complex fundraising campaigns, and make rapid decisions regarding development issues; plan and implement projects, and supervise development team. As a member of the Foundations senior management team, the Director must establish strong and appropriate relationships with the ED, staff, APAF Board of Directors, volunteers, donors and the general community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, maintain, and implement annual and long-term development plans including strategies to increase individual giving, corporate sponsorship/grants, foundation grants, online giving, special event attendance, gift processing, reporting, and other methods focused on maintaining and maximizing all fundraising activities.
- Plan and manage special events, corporate/foundation contributions, individual giving, and all donor-centric communications and solicitations
- Direct and implement strategy for APA member solicitations/stewardship; corporate/foundation engagement; budgeting and revenue forecasting; donor prospecting in all categories; and brand/marketing development.
- Develop and implement a national business development strategy that will increase revenue streams and sponsor base.
- Provide oversight and directionor the Foundations fund development activities, manages the day-to-day operations of the development function, and monitors adequacy of activities through supervision of staff.
- Work with appropriate committees and the board of directors, as needed including the management of three workgroups: Philanthropy, Corporate Review, and Endowment Campaign Workgroups.
- Plan and manage execution of personalized, high-level, annual giving program to expand donor awareness of the Foundation.
- In partnership with APAs Communications team, develop and produce communication media, including annual report, fundraising materials and web content.
- Identify prospective organizational partners aligned with APAFs mission; steward and sustain these relationships for optimum return on investment and collaborative opportunities.