This position will remain open until sufficient qualified applicants are received. To ensure first consideration, please submit your online application by April 9, 2021. This is a revised posting for the former Director of Administrative Services position; if you previously applied to that job, you do not need to submit a new application.
Sno-Isle Libraries is a large, two-county library district in the beautiful north Puget Sound region of Washington State. District boundaries stretch from rugged timberlands to suburban centers, from rolling farmlands to the ocean vistas. Set in the fastest-growing corner of the state, Sno-Isle Libraries serves more than 770,000 residents through 23 community libraries, online services, Library on Wheels, and our website at www.sno-isle.org.
As a member of the Library District's Leadership Team, this position serves as the Chief Financial Officer and is responsible for the overall vision and direction of the Finance and Facilities Department, which includes administrative oversight of the business, financial, and accounting operations of the Library District and the Facilities Department. This position is also responsible for developing organizational strategies; contributing financial and facilities information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; and coordinating on assigned activities with other departments and outside agencies. The Director of Finance and Facilities works closely with the Executive Director in the administration and operation of the District.
Functions listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Lead a highly competent team in comprehensive financial and facility services for the Library District. Provide strong and creative leadership and vision to ensure financial reporting integrity and accountability and effective management of Library facilities.
- Work closely with the Executive Director and Board of Trustees to establish financial policy.
- Ensure that departmental operations are inclusive, transparent, and responsive to a diverse workforce and community.
- Develop, coach, and retain competent, well-trained, and motivated staff capable of achieving departmental goals and commitments.
- Work effectively with County, Tribal, State, and Federal staff.
- Oversee financial functions within the department, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, cash management, budgeting, forecasting, asset management, grant and project accounting, procurement, contracts, and others functions as needed.
- Oversee, analyze, and recommend appropriate and innovative financing strategies and potential funding sources for Library services, projects, initiatives and purchases consistent with legal and policy requirements and prudent use of Library resources. This includes leading negotiations for the purchase or lease of capital assets, buildings, or land.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with the State Auditor’s Office and ensure a system of adequate internal controls that supports a smooth audit process and no adverse audit findings.
- Remain current on GASB pronouncements, State requirements and legislative changes that affect the Library’s financial programs and activities.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate as a member of the Library District's Leadership team by providing broad thinking as it pertains to library service and operation. Deliver presentations to a variety of groups and officials.
- Lead and/or assist with special projects as assigned.
- Prepare correspondence and reports.
- Train new staff as needed.
- Attend meetings, trainings, and workshops as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The position reports to the Executive Director. The position directs the work of professional and clerical support staff in performing accounting and facilities management functions and directly supervises the Assistant Director of Facilities, Safety, and Security; Assistant Director of Administrative Services; and the Accounting Manager.