We are a new business line within a well-respected and established CPA Firm. We operate like a start-up but have the confidence of the firm at our backs. Our goal is to deliver Accounting as a Service to our clients through advanced technology and automation. In this role you’ll collaborate with our team of accounting professionals ensuring our client's accounting needs are met and accomplished in a timely and efficient manner.
Who you are
- You are a problem solver, love new technology, and are passionate about finding a better way of doing “things.”
- This is an accounting role, but no two days will be the same. We are essentially creating a business and it requires a roll-up your sleeves mind-set and entrepreneurial spirit.
- You have a few years of experience in the accounting world and with an ERP accounting system (Intacct is our platform of choice).
- Ownership mentality – proactive stance to do what’s necessary to complete the work. Examples include researching technical questions, meeting client commitments, and generally taking responsibility for outcomes.
- Customer Service attitude – you will be interfacing with clients daily, so having a genuine concern for their business well-being and can-do attitude is what will make you successful in this role.
- Organized – you can organize your responsibilities and tasks to deliver on commitments made to clients
- Commitment to improvement – ability to analyze current processes and procedures seeking to improve efficiency through Excel templates or process improvement recommendations
General Responsibilities include:
- Manage 5-7 client accounts. Typical client will have multiple entities.
- Actively handles day-to-day accounting needs for clients, functioning as their accounting department
- Oversees and reviews work of outsourced accounting specialists
- Serves as a key point of contact on day-to-day accounting matters for the client
- Utilizes technology to properly account for all accounting transactions for the client in real-time
- Provides the outsourced CFO with analysis of accounting information for high-level advisory services
- Makes recommendations on how to streamline processes
- Coordinates various activities to meet client needs within a specified time frame
- Assists with training new employees in the outsourced accounting services area and delegates work based on availability and experience
- Assists with special projects as needed including implementing accounting technology
- Work as a team with staff accountants and managers to deliver high level of client service
- Actively seeks out opportunities for Bennett Thrasher to provide additional services to clients
Daily Responsibilities include:
- Review and approve vendor invoices and manage accounts payable via third party application and automated workflows
- Review employee expense reports and reimbursements via third party app & workflow tasks
- Review accounts receivable invoices
- Review cash and credit card transactions
- Record payroll transactions in general ledger
- Review account reconciliations for all bank and credit card accounts
Monthly Responsibilities include:
- Record month-end general ledger entries, including prepaid expenses, fixed assets, depreciation, recurring accruals and allocations
- Reconcile and analyze general ledger accounts
- Prepares reports, returns, and other documents as required, including sales tax reports, year-end tax forms, monthly/quarterly/annual financial statements, and other reports required by clients