The Human Resources Manager is responsible for the HR lifecycle for our Human Options teams, working closely with supervisors and managers. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: recruitment and employment, onboarding, employee relations, training, employee engagement, performance management, policy implementation, employment law compliance, organizational development; employment and compliance to regulatory concerns regarding employees and benefits administration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The successful candidate will be able to:
- Recruit for all open positions; responsible for job postings, screening, scheduling interviews, offer letters, background checks and on-boarding. Evaluates the effectiveness of recruiting methods and recommends and implements opportunities to improve on the process;
- Set up, process and maintain changes to employee files including but not limited to payroll, processing onboarding paperwork, salary adjustments, employee status change forms etc whilst ensuring employee files are compliant with EEO, ADA, and HIPPA requirements;
- Handle administration of terminations and performs exit interviews with terminating employees;
- Process Bi-Weekly payroll with a high degree of accuracy and timeliness, working closely with the Finance department;
- Maintain agency payroll calendar and communicate with staff regarding payroll when necessary;
- Implement collaborative annual/quarterly performance appraisals with line managers and ensure proper completion.
- Communicate benefit policies and changes, coordinates open enrollment activities with the third party provider and deals with benefit queries;
- Assist in the preparation of job descriptions, benchmark salary studies and employee handbook policies;
- Process new hire, promotion, termination, and other data integrity audits for the HRIS system;
- Identify gaps in existing HR policies and contribute to the development of new HR policies and procedures. Communicate and deliver new/amended policies and procedures to the agency;
- Maintain compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations;
- Provide project management support and HR expertise to the business with specific related projects;
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
- Provides advice and counsel to all levels of staff regarding employee relations issues such as conflict management, discipline and performance.
- Analyze wage and salary reports and data to determine competitive compensation plan.
- Identify legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- We ignite social change by educating Orange County to recognize relationship violence as an issue that threatens everyone, advocating for those affected by abuse, extending a safe place for victims and empowering survivors on their journey of healing.
- We are committed to a future in which every person and family in Orange County experiences safe, healthy relationships and lives free from fear.
ADA Job Characteristics:
Work environment is primarily in an office setting. Lift and carry up to 25 pounds up to waist length, extend both arms above the head and/or reach below the waist, stoop, squat, crawl, bend the back to open lower-level filing drawers, or to retrieve stored items, climb on stools, steps and/or ladders. Sit and/or stand frequently. Use fine manipulation (hands and wrist) to operate a keyboard, take notes, complete and file reports, file and copy documents. Corrected vision to normal range. Speak in normal vocal tone and range, and communicate clearly and concisely to and with others. Apply normal reasoning and detail as required in the accomplishment of job duties.