A GREAT PLACE TO WORK AND BANK
Join our team! 1st Security Bank team members deliver service that "WOWs" each other and our customers. We value relationships, teamwork, community, and professional growth in a safe, friendly, and progressive workplace. We celebrate diversity and support equality for all. If you share these core values and are committed to career excellence, let us help you reach your dreams!
1st Security Bank is looking to find a dynamic individual to fill our Commercial Deposit Specialist position in our Business & Treasury department! If you are the type of individual that would enjoy working at one of the Puget Sound's Best Places to Work for 6 years in a row and focuses on providing an exceptional client experience, then 1st Security Bank is the place for you. 1st Security Bank was named a bronze medal winner in its class in the Puget Sound Business Journal's Best Workplaces contest in its first year nominated and was also rated the #1 Bank in Washington State by Banker's Caddy, an independent bank rating firm.
Assist the Assistant Commercial Deposit Manager (ACDM) in fostering relationship banking by delivering dynamic customer service to commercial banking clients. The Commercial Deposit Specialist will also be responsible for assisting with paperwork for on-boarding new clients and deepening relationships with existing clients. Our CDS will be a point of contact, along with the team, for larger clients, such as property management firms, construction companies, and real estate developers. Must be comfortable with in person and over the phone calls to clients, be able to handle client issues in a professional and timely manner and should be able to help facilitate cross selling opportunities. Be knowledgeable in, or show a willingness to learn, the Bank’s business checking products; be able to answer questions from clients about our Cash Management products including, Online Banking, ACH, Wires, EFTPS Payments, and Remote Deposit Capture. The Commercial Deposit Specialist should be passionate about the Bank’s customer service model by focusing on “WOW” opportunities and providing support to the Treasury Management Officer, Cash Management Officers, and Relationship Managers. This position is responsible for the oversight of a portion of the Bank’s daily operations and must support the guidelines of compliance when it comes to new accounts and new relationships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Perform assigned duties in accordance with the Bank’s Core Values, and provide the Banks’ customers with exceptional service in accordance with the Bank’s service standards
- Develop, implement, and monitor commercial relationship building and prospect call strategies that enable the achievement of the bank’s planned growth in deposits, fees, and other non-interest income; alongside the Treasury Management Officer. Meet and exceed specific, individual and team goals
- Passion for managing larger clients with multiple entities with daily banking needs, and assisting them with new needs, additions and subtractions with the client’s product and service needs.
- Support the Bank’s customer culture and recognize cross-selling opportunities for Bank products and services that truly fit the client and better serve their business; and continually reinforce those values with the Business Lending Team.
- Collaborate and work closely with internal teams - one bank on mission
- Provide direct assistance to the Business Lending portfolio of customers via telephone, in person, and at the customers’ place of business with the implementation and set-up of cash management services.
- Assisting with transfers, check orders, account maintenance, account opening, and other servicing needs for commercial clients
- Educate and train customers in the risks and requirements of treasury management services
- Participates in community events and business/service organizations
- Maintains a knowledge of financial industry status and trends
- Refers inquiries to the appropriate department or person, and the necessary follow through with customers and/or staff involved.
- Assist in the continued efforts of maintaining and passing the banks compliance audits
- Willingness to assume responsibility for special projects; gathers data and prepares reports for management, audits and other personnel.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize job responsibilities
- Provide timely and responsive customer service
- Supports management decisions and goals in a positive, professional manner and represents the Bank with a high level of integrity
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of bank policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned.
YOU WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR:
- Full medical, dental, and vision coverage for individual or family plan.
- Life insurance.
- Long- and short-term disability insurance.
- 401K matching program.
- Paid sick and vacation time.
OUR CORE VALUES:
- Relationship Driven - we strive to "WOW" (surprise, excite and delight) each other and our customers.
- Ethical - fair, honest and act with integrity.
- Lead by Example - maintain a positive attitude, show respect for others, and have some fun!
- Accountable - we take our responsibilities seriously and we meet our commitments with urgency.
- Team Player - dependable, enthusiastic contributor to team success and to the greater good of the bank.
- Embrace Dreams - we encourage each other to reach for our dreams.
- Diversity - we celebrate diversity and support equality for all.
- Community Oriented - we actively support our communities and the Bank's CRA initiatives.
- Open and Honest Communication - always professional, responsive, and timely.