A GREAT PLACE TO WORK AND BANK
Join our team! 1st Security Bank team members deliver service that "WOWs" each other and our customers. We value relationships, teamwork, community, and professional growth in a safe, friendly, and progressive workplace. We celebrate diversity and support equality for all. If you share these core values and are committed to career excellence, let us help you reach your dreams!
1st Security Bank is looking to find a dynamic individual to fill our entry level Deposit Operations Specialist position at our Aberdeen Administration Building! If you are the type of individual that would enjoy working at one of the Puget Sound's Best Places to Work for 6 years in a row and focuses on providing an exceptional client experience, then 1st Security Bank is the place for you. 1st Security Bank was named a bronze medal winner in its class in the Puget Sound Business Journal's Best Workplaces contest in its first year nominated and was also rated the #1 Bank in Washington State by Banker's Caddy, an independent bank rating firm.
Provide excellent service and support as an integral part of the Deposit Operations team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Effectively prioritize internal and external requests, building strong relationships between operations and the entire bank
- Provide excellent customer service, delivering support and answering internal and external inquiries
- Process incoming, outgoing domestic and foreign wires
- Process ACH and in-clearing transaction files
- Prepare and mail various daily notices – OD Transfer Notices, CD Maturity & Renewal Notices, Reg D letters, Indirect Borrower Letters, Loan payments
- Place debit card orders, handle card maintenance and disputes
- Process ATM/POS transaction settlements, adjustments and Visa CAMS / Cardtracker alerts
- Prepare and review multiple reports and logs – daily, weekly, monthly
- Support branch requests – check copy requests, deposit corrections, returned items, research requests and other inquiries
- Assist manager with research and projects related to Deposit Operations products, processes and procedures
- Review current processes, make recommendations for improvement
- Create desk procedures and keep them current
- Cross train to perform other functions in Deposit Operations as needed
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and manage competing deadlines while maintaining a positive attitude
- Must be detail-oriented while maintaining a high degree of responsiveness and flexibility in performing tasks
- Must be able to embrace and quickly adapt to change as a result of internal, market or regulatory policy changes
- Strong team player with excellent communications skills
YOU WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR:
- Full medical, dental, and vision coverage for individual or family plan.
- Life insurance.
- Long- and short-term disability insurance.
- 401K matching program.
- Paid sick and vacation time.
OUR CORE VALUES:
- Relationship Driven - we strive to "WOW" (surprise, excite and delight) each other and our customers.
- Ethical - fair, honest and act with integrity.
- Lead by Example - maintain a positive attitude, show respect for others, and have some fun!
- Accountable - we take our responsibilities seriously and we meet our commitments with urgency.
- Team Player - dependable, enthusiastic contributor to team success and to the greater good of the bank.
- Embrace Dreams - we encourage each other to reach for our dreams.
- Diversity - we celebrate diversity and support equality for all.
- Community Oriented - we actively support our communities and the Bank's CRA initiatives.
- Open and Honest Communication - always professional, responsive, and timely.