APLA Health’s mission is to achieve health care equity and promote well-being for the LGBT and other underserved communities and people living with and affected by HIV. We are a nonprofit, federally qualified health center serving more than 14,000 people annually. We provide 20 different services from 15 locations throughout Los Angeles County, including: medical, dental, and behavioral health care; PrEP counseling and management; health education and HIV prevention; and STD screening and treatment. For people living with HIV, we offer housing support; benefits counseling; home health care; and the Vance North Necessities of Life Program food pantries; among several other critically needed services. Additionally, we are leaders in advocating for policy and legislation that positively impacts the LGBT and HIV communities, provide capacity-building assistance to health departments across the country, and conduct community-based research on issues affecting the communities we serve. For more information, please visit us at aplahealth.org.
APLA Health is currently seeking a Front Office Administrator to join our team! We offer great benefits, competitive pay, and great working environment!
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance (no cost for employee)
- Vision Insurance (no cost for employee)
- Long Term Disability
- Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 3 Personal Days
- 10 Vacation Days
- 12 Sick Days
- Metro reimbursement or free parking
- Employer Matched 403b Retirement Plan
This is a great opportunity to make a difference!
Responsible for greeting and helping primary care patients; scheduling appointments; maintaining records and accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides excellent customer service by welcoming patients and visitors in person or on the telephone.
• Answers multi-line phones, screens and transfers calls to appropriate clinical staff (as necessary).
• Presents a professional front office environment for all patients and visitors in appearance, manner, and quality of work at all times.
• Provides patients with registration and other forms as needed.
• Registers patients in eClinicalWorks according to clinical protocol, enters demographic information and scans patient documents (registration forms, consent to treat, ID, insurance card, etc.) into the patient’s chart in eCW.
• Schedules appointments for new and established patients based on provider availability.
• Confirm the next day’s scheduled medical/dental/behavioral health appointments.
• Collects payments from patients before services are rendered when necessary.
• Checks/Verifies patient’s insurance eligibility/sliding fee status two days prior to and at each visit.
• As part of maintaining clinic flow, keep patient appointments on schedule by notifying back office of patient's arrival and/or any delays; confirming visit type with patient and making any necessary changes and notifying the back office.
• Ensures that all patient visits are reconciled at the end of each day.
• Ensures the waiting area is maintained neat and well organized.
• Maintains patient accounts in eClinicalWorks by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
• Protects patients' rights by maintaining strictest confidentiality of personal and financial information; adhering to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
• Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
• Assist in maintaining office and building fire/safety regulations.
• Ensures clinic flow by being an active team member.
OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED TO MEET BUSINESS NEEDS.