Job Title: Copywriting Manager
Classification: Exempt/ Salary
Reports to: Marketing Director
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Business, Marketing, or related field required.
- 5+ years of work experience in copywriting or communications related fields.
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables deadlines successfully.
- Must be able to work in a matrix environment, able to collaborate cross functionally, and be a strong team player.
- Has knowledge of the beer and hop industry, with foundational understanding of lexicon and terminology as it relates to processes.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving abilities.
- Functions effectively with ambiguity.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Travel may be required for this role as needed.
Lead communications strategy, tactics, technology, reporting & execution as a core part of the Marketing team.
- i. Lead copywriter and copy editor on all editorial selections, development & execution.
- External Communications
- i. Lead copy editor for all marketing communications; key support for sales resources and products.
- Public Relations
- Lead copywriter – creates written communications that are mindful of brand and voice, including ad copy, sales materials, external email communications, social media, website, etc.
- Lead copy editor – provides edits and feedback with regard to clarity, grammar and brand voice for written communications, including technical papers, presentations, etc.
- Editorial participant – assists in choosing appropriate topic(s), curates and/or writes articles with support from technical staff.
- Assist in corporate communications – contributor of external company announcements, as needed.
- Lead email communications – curate and write Quarterly Newsletters, e-blast announcements, sales promos, etc.
- Works closely with Sales and IT to ensure the right audience receive the right communication.
- Key support for products – support campaign strategies, communications plans and messaging for products (i.e. new, re-promotes & promotions)
- Key Support with regard to sales related email campaigns to support eCommerce sales goals.
- Key support for sales resources including sales FAQs, sales materials, etc.
- Track KPI’s with frequency & circulate to relevant internal parties
- Participate in overall marketing assignments and special projects/marketing tasks as needed.
- Assists and supports the Marketing Director as needed on projects within this role, as well as stretch projects.
- With frequency, works well with the other departments to accomplish business goals as needed.
- Works closely with international team to ensure appropriate translations.
- Continuously track beer & brewery communication channels (social media, websites, print, etc.) to maintain and establish on-trend voice and relevancy.
- Contributor for the Hop Wire newsletter by curating topics that support sales and leadership goals and manages writing and editing of articles
- Maintain sanitary and safe work environment.
- Follow safety requirements.
- May actively participate on company’s Safety Committee.
- Ensure that company safety policies as well as federal, state and local safety and environmental regulations are observed.
- Must have a complete understanding of company’s policies, SOPs, QPs, EPs, HACCP and cGMP that pertain to their department to ensure quality, safety, efficiency and sustainability.
- Must adhere to all company policies.
- Examine documents, materials, and products and monitor work processes to assess completeness, accuracy and conformance to standards and specifications.
- Follow all SOPs in a given area.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Manager and/or designee.