Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Accountabilities
- Gather needed supplies for running public and Ford program biathlon experiences.
- Set up the range and clear the range before and after public and Ford program biathlon experiences.
- Perform range maintenance including painting, mowing, lead cleanup, brass cleanup, weeding, keeping logbooks up to date, ensuring adequate ammunition is on hand, and other tasks as assigned by range manager.
- Perform rifle maintenance including cleaning and oiling, tightening, and adjusting, and letting range manager know if something happens which cant be fixed personally.
- Learn range safety protocols and ensure that all employees and guests adhere to the rules.
- Check that guests have signed waivers if events manager needs assistance.
- Deliver short lectures about biathlon including the history of the sport, the history of the venue, how races and competitions work, and the parts of the rifles and how to shoot a rifle safely.
- Answer guest questions about the venue
- While ensuring safely, help guests shoot towards biathlon targets on a mat at the firing line, giving coaching about proper procedures and techniques.
- Other duties as assigned (this position could combine with summer camp counselor and/or facilities maintenance to provide full time hours)
Required Knowledge and Essential Skills
- Experience working with the public or willingness to do so
- Friendly manner, public speaking, and good communication skills
- Must enjoy working in a team environment.
- Knowledge of biathlon or willingness to learn (some of our hires are new to the sport but previous experience in cross country skiing, rifle shooting, or actual biathlon is a bonus)
- Must be at least 15 years old
- Must be available Monday through Friday (we can work around a little bit of time off for a vacation)
Environmental Job Requirements
- Ability to manage outdoor work in the heat, cold, sun, and rain
- Must be able to arrange transportation to the Nordic Center
- Must be able to work with other user groups and employees in a friendly and accommodating manner
- Ability to lift 20 pounds
- Must be able to stand on feet for and extended time
- Vision requirements include close vision, depth perception, adjusting focus, and attentiveness for hazards on range
- Balancing, bending, climbing, kneeling, walking, pushing, reaching above shoulders, and sitting
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of the job description at any time without prior notice.