The Assistant Director of Corporate Relations reports to the Senior Director of Corporate Relations. The Corporate Relations team within the Office of Development serves as the core unit in driving fundraising and engagement with high-volume, low touch corporate accounts and individual donors outside the workplace. The team is focused on servicing these relationships and individual donors to maintain and increase corporate and individual investments for UWGA programs, initiatives, sponsorships and other engagement opportunities. The team is responsible for building strategic engagement and fundraising plans, maintaining strong sights on revenue targets, and building relationships with key stakeholders across the portfolio with a goal to increase engagement and move donors and companies to the next level. Internally, the team collaborates across all departments within the organization.
The Assistant Director of Corporate Relations is a full-time position responsible for supporting the engagement strategies of the Senior Director of Corporate Relations to ensure a smooth fundraising and auditing process for the over 600 high volume- low touch accounts. In addition, this role is responsible for securing, verifying, and auditing the fundraising results of third-party processed fundraising campaigns. It is essential that this role work collaboratively across departments with a high attention to detail, with superb problem-solving skills while managing a high-volume workload and produce a high level of quality in all work.
This role supports the goals of growing and maintaining the base of support to United Way, ensuring donor database accuracy to drive correct data and analytics through corporate accounts and individuals outside the workplace.
- Responsible for supporting the engagement strategies of the Senior Director of Corporate Relations to ensure smooth fundraising processes
- Provide excellent customer service to United Way fundraising partners to include troubleshooting concerns, delivering materials, and providing additional support as needed
- Provide support for Senior Director of Corporate Relations and Office of Development team at large with the gathering and accurate submission of donor pledges and account processing information
- Conduct audits directly with company Employee Engagement Champions when required
- Research, secure, and analyze third party employee campaign results to streamline the audit process
- Conduct preliminary research on current accounts and update CRM with relevant information
- Be thoroughly versed in United Way messaging and branding as this role will be asked to serve as an extension of development staff at fundraising events
- Must be flexible and have the ability to solve problems in a rapid pace environment
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple tasks with a goal-oriented, customer focused mindset
- Work cross-functionally with other departments, particularly Donor Services to troubleshoot audit issues as they arise
- Strong need for the following skills: organization, time management, verbal and written communication