Under direction of the General Manager, the Project Manager will solicit bid proposals from subcontractors, prepare project estimates for sales, check drawings made in AutoCAD and ensure that goals of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frames and funding parameters.
Examples of products- Box culverts, Arches, Tunnels, 3 Sided Structures
- Prioritize goals and objectives, adhere to deadlines, and recommend and implement solutions for changes and improvements.
- Prepare estimates by gathering information and requirements; planning, monitoring, quoting, reviewing project specifications and setting priorities.
- Complete quote submittals by studying contract plans; updating specifications; identifying and projecting costs for each precast concrete style from contract document elevations.
- Uphold the highest quality of customer service; resolving problems, completing audits, determining improvements and implementing change.
- Obtain bids from vendors and subcontractors by specifying materials and negotiating price.
- Maintain cost keys and price masters by updating information.
- Resolve cost discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Check and analyze production drawings (detail and assembly drawings).
- Checking dimension of parts, materials to be used, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to whole structure or project.
- Interface with customers on inquiries through jobsite visits, 24 hr email and phone reply.
- Assist in meeting sales objectives.
- Maintain quality service by following organization standards.
- Maintain safety by adhering to organization standards.
- Attend meetings in-house to present updates and status.
Note: Other duties and special projects as requested.
Minimum Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or similar field is preferred, or the candidate must possess equivalent combinations of technical training and experience.
- Experience with shop drawing and submittals is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills;
- Thinks and acts strategically: balances long-term, big picture objectives with day-to-day activities.
- Critically evaluates key factors and reasonable alternatives before making recommendations and decisions.
- Attains results: excels at execution of goals; monitors progress and redirects efforts and resources to ensure goals are achieved.
- Holds self and others accountable for keeping commitments, maintaining standards, and achieving goals.
- Proficient in analyzing information;
- Experience developing budgets;
- Exhibits strong sense of professionalism;
- Strong organization and documentation skills;
- Safety and quality minded.
Project Manager will have to spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. There is the potential for light lifting of supplies and materials from time to time.
- General office environment.
Work is generally sedentary in nature but requires shop walks and production evaluation which leads to walking and production involvement. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous conditions caused by noise.