SIGN ON BONUS NOW THROUGH JUNE 15th ALL AQUATICS POSITIONS!
$250 Bonus on first paycheck for new hire lifeguards and swim instructors if hired by June 15th!
END OF SUMMER BONUS FOR PART TIME STAFF!
- SWIM INSTRUCTORS - Work an average of 15 hours per week 6/15 - 8/18 and receive a $500 end of summer bonus!
- LIFEGUARDS - Work an average of 25 hours per week 6/15 - 8/18 – and receive a $750 end of summer bonus!
- COMBO LIFEGUARD/SWIM INSTRUCTOR STAFF - Work an average of 30 hours per week 6/15-8/18 and receive a $1250 end of summer bonus!
NOW HIRING FOR HENDERSONVILLE YMCA AND PATTON POOL LOCATION!
SWIM INSTRUCTOR TRAINING PROVIDED!
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day directly and positively affects the lives of the people in your community. Working for the YMCA means just that. Our employees enjoy a diverse & inclusive environment and the opportunity to do cause-driven work to impact our communities through Youth Development, Healthy Living & Social Responsibility.
As a Swim Instructor, you care for children and adults while giving them the invaluable lifesaving skill of swimming and understanding water safety. You will build authentic relationships with students and parents that help them connect with each other and the YMCA.
- Conduct and lead swim lessons in a safe and engaging manner. Ensure the safety and participation of each student. Stay alert and conscientious of each students location in the pool.
- Provide well-developed and fun lesson plans for each class that include the components of personal safety, personal growth, stroke development, water sports and games, and rescue.
- Champion the YMCA culture, by providing outstanding customer service and develop meaningful relationships with swim lesson students.
- Ensure that the YMCA Character Development values are evident in programs and activities, and be a positive role model displaying honesty, caring, respect, and responsibility.
- Minimum age of 16
- Assist the lifeguard and other personnel in emergency situations.
- Perform all necessary survival skills.
- Must successfully complete the following certifications within their 30 days:
- Accredited Swim Lesson Instructor (YMCA, ARC, or equivalent
- CPR for the Professional Rescuer
- Standard First Aid
- Emergency Oxygen Administration ~ O2
- Automated External Defibrillation ~ AED
- Be the Brand Training (to be completed within 60 days)
- Darkness to Light (to be completed within 60 days)
- Obtain YMCA Swim Lessons Instructor (YSL) within 90 days
- Must be able to effectively supervise children ages 6 weeks to 12 years old
- Free YMCA Membership
- Career Development & Training Opportunities
- Free and Reduced-Price Child Care
- Excellent Work-Life Balance
The YMCA of WNC does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, faith, gender, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies.